Pokémon Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zyaeblm's Nuzlocke Adventure Log

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Zyaeblm's Nuzlocke Adventure Log - Page 2 Empty Re: Zyaeblm's Nuzlocke Adventure Log

Post by MegaAbsol Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:23 am

I-I have time! 'o3o I haven't got anywhere yet and I'll willing to bet I'll spend the next half-hour grinding, but...how about a rule where you keep points? Minus one point for every fainted mon or something, so that people who actively invest time into getting a solid team (meeee <3) are rewarded with more points
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Zyaeblm's Nuzlocke Adventure Log - Page 2 Empty Re: Zyaeblm's Nuzlocke Adventure Log

Post by Beedrill Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:26 pm

Having a point system makes it seem less of a race, which is whoever beats the champion first wins. Of course that is decently hard to do without proper training, which is a cost of time, so its more of a nuzlocke challenge first to see who can get the farthest, then it's a race to the end. Also, in a nuzlocke you can't run around catching everything, only the first pokemon in every new area, so you cant make your perfect team. And if you were talking about training wise, remember training should still count as being timed, as you are still in a way of heading towards the goal.
Beedrill
Beedrill

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyaeblm Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:24 pm

True that.

Btw, saw your Nuzlocke Race post. I just have a few clarifications. :)

Beedrill wrote:2. When a pokemon faints, it will remain unusable and should be placed in the PC box
Can I withdraw a fainted Pokemon to use as an HM Slave? Banned from battles, of course.

Beedrill wrote:6. You are aloud to gain a pokemon from any NPC
There are areas in FR Omega where you could encounter Pokemon in the grass or receive it from an NPC who is there in that same area. Should we choose between encounter or gift then? Or we can have both?

Beedrill wrote:9. Since we can not play this all at the same time, we will be posting 30 min intervals of what happened (we'll even pause during the middle of battle), this is so we can easily tell how long it took for us to reach a certain destination and (if we somehow all beat the champion) tell who won the race.
30 minutes of gaming, timer stops when in battle - understood. This means NO frameskip for emulator users like Flame and I, obviously, but I'd like to confirm anyway? Also, @Flame, with this 30 minute rule having recently been set up, I think you should reset. o_o
Zyaeblm
Zyaeblm

Back to top Go down

Post by Beedrill Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:59 pm

We are allowed to withdraw a pokemon for an HM slave, as without it... then well... we could get stuck XD

Both, if a NPC gives you a pokemon freely, and the same pokemon was the first you encountered in the area, then yes... both :P

Um... timer does not stop in battle... I was saying that if you thirty minutes is up, stop what your doing, whether running around, purchasing things, and even battles, pause and write it down, and save (just in case), and if you want, do another 30 minute session if you'd like :P

And I'm also a emulator user as well (is there other ways to play FireRed Omega?) and yes, this also means banning any way to speed up your game (not meaning speeding up performance... just increasing past then what it should be XD)

(Also... this was based off your rule list, if there is anything not right or you want to change, just freely tell me XD)
Beedrill
Beedrill

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyaeblm Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:14 pm

Totally misunderstood the 30 minute rule. Glad you cleared that up, thanks. Expect me to be cities ahead, then. I have no life. I'll probably die before E4 though. I'll start now!
Zyaeblm
Zyaeblm

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:48 am

I've already played 2.5 sessions, but I'll post that in my own run thread~ That being said, I'm still keeping a Points System because I'm doing stuff like keeping all gift mons, regardless of where I receive them. The one who reaches first gets additional points, and then we compare them. Sound good?
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyaeblm Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:08 am

To be completely honest, I'm hanging in the middle here. I'll just back off for now and see how things turn out. I mean, I'm fine either way anyway so yay hey.
Zyaeblm
Zyaeblm

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:14 am

It's just that my moveset is significantly laxer than yours or Poochy's o3o I keep all NPC gifts, battle style is Shift. I've also advanced further, but that's because I spent more time. But I hopefully won't lose as many pokemon as you guys
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2