Pokémon Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Wilde Beginning

2 posters

Go down

A Wilde Beginning Empty A Wilde Beginning

Post by Alekion Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:48 pm

Dear Jenni,
I know we haven't spoken much these last five years, and most of our interactions have been brief and awkward...but I want you to know that I still believe in you. I remember how the wild Pokémon would flock to you, like you were one of them. It was one of my favorite things about you, and I hope that much hasn't changed. As for myself, I ended up dating a girl a couple years ago...we're engaged now, with a baby on the way. To say the least, I didn't get very far as a Pokémon Trainer, so you have to live out this dream for both of us! I've included all of my old notes from school as well as PokéDollar 5000 to get you started. Don't tell my fiancé please, she'd kill me! But Jenni, remember that I'll always love you. Maybe not the same way that I used to, but I still want to see you succeed.
 -Sincerely, Michael
Jenni's heart pounded as her eyes scanned the note again. It had been nearly a week since she received it in the mail for her birthday, and she still couldn't quite wrap her mind around the whole ordeal. It felt like a dream, something she imagined that couldn't possibly be real. Yet here she was, at the edge of Route 32 and Cherrygrove City. She'd been dropped off by a cab, since the route to New Bark had been overgrown as of late. She took a shaky breath, staring down the path to her new life. She wondered what kinds of Pokémon she would meet, places she would travel. She carefully placed the note back into her satchel pack, tucking her provisions to the side.

She brushed a stray strand of hair behind her ear, the rest of it braided off to the other side and resting on her shoulder. It was heavier this way, but got in the way less. She thought early on about what to wear, and though she wanted desperately to wear sandals and a tank top, the autumn chill didn't agree. So she strapped on some hiking boots and adorned herself with a plain pair of blue-jeans and an orange fitted t-shirt complete with skull and cross-bones bunny design. With the flutter of her heart, she set down the trail to New Bark, to obtain her trainer's license and a Pokédex.

The leaves were beginning to turn, hues of red and yellow scattered amongst the few green leaves left. A hefty gust was all it took to blow several off, leaving piles of them littering the pathway. It was a beautiful sight, the sun just starting to peak over the horizon making the forest seem to burst into flames. However, Jenni just couldn't get over how damned cold it was getting. This time of year was depressing to her, it marked the end of summer, as well as being another year older.

"Ugh, at least it isn't snowing yet..." Jenni groaned, disgusted with the thought. She shook her head, trying to rid herself of the negative outlook. She was out here, going after her dream! And nothing was going to stand in her way! She clenched her fist, looking up to the tree line and feeling invigorated once more. She could do this, she just had to keep pushing.

Help me! A voice called out, seeming to come from everywhere and nowhere all at once. Jenni paused, questioning if she was hallucinating or not. A light wind stirred, rustling the leaves in the otherwise utter silence. Please, help! It called again, Jenni panicking as she frantically looked around.

"Where are you?!" she called back, eyes darting about. What if they were hurt? Then again...what if it was a trap? Jenni's pessimism surfaced for a moment before she suppressed it once more. No, somebody could be in real danger right now... I have to help...

I'm over here! The voice...it sounded like it was coming from inside her. But it wasn't the same voice she heard when she would silently ponder, no. This voice was softer, more innocent like a child's. A nearby bush rustled a bit, Jenni pausing before rushing to it. She pulled back the branches, hidden within an injured Pokémon. She was small with a white body and green hair covering her eyes. The two red bumps for horns made Jenni realize just what the Pokémon was. Ralts, the Psychic type Pokémon. But, they were indigenous to Hoenn, what was she doing here?

"Oh no, you're hurt...who did this to you?" Jenni asked, though not truly expecting a reply as she gently reached in and lifted the Ralts out. She softly pet her, hoping to soothe her as she checked the injuries. They didn't seem too deep, but for such a young Pokémon it would leave her rather defenseless.

Thank you for finding me... My master released me here... He said I was too weak. He hated me, and hurt me, then left me here... It clicked with Jenni, finally. Ralts was a psychic type, right? She was using telepathy to communicate! The epiphany was short lived though, as the story made Jenni's stomach sink. She knew how it was with people, their cruel natures and fake faces. Like she was one to even think such things, she was just like them. Pretending to be nice and polite when everyone was looking. She hated it.

Stop... You aren't like him... I can tell. The Ralts lifted her little arm, brushing against Jenni's cheek lightly. The small creature let out a sigh, growing limp in Jenni's arms. So... sleepy... she trailed off, falling unconscious. Jenni's heart jumped, reminded of a childhood pet that died in her arms. She clutched the Ralts close, standing and looking back and forth to decide on the best route to take. Deciding that New Bark Town was the closest, she took off in a rush, headed east toward the small town.

Bursting from the tree line, Jenni was able to see a few buildings down the dirt path. She stumbled over a fallen branch, but quickly recovered without completely falling. However, the distraction resulting as she glanced back at it caused her to run smack into someone, the impact making her fall right back onto her rear. She huddled the Pokémon tightly, trying to avoid any more injury to her as she groaned in pain herself. The fall sent a shock through her body, now causing her head to throb.

"What the-" she started, looking up to see what or whom she'd managed to piss off today. To her surprise, there was more than one body there. A few people in lab coats seemed to be collecting samples from the nearby foliage. This led her to assume that the scraggly looking bookworm type she'd smashed into was none other than the professor of the town, Professor Elm! She bit her tongue, freezing and not knowing quite how to rectify the situation as she scrambled to her feet and stammered some incomprehensible babble.
Alekion
Alekion
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

A Wilde Beginning Empty Re: A Wilde Beginning

Post by Avaritia Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:56 pm

"Woah!" Professor Elm called out after suddenly being knocked into. He had been so intent on his and his assistant's research that he hadn't noticed Jenni in the slightest until the two collided. He didn't fare much better than her, landing with a scramble on his back accompanied by the frantic fluttering of paper being caught up in the air and flying in chaotic patterns before scattering on the ground around him. The clipboard they had been resting on clattered along with them. Things would have been fine, but the crisp autumn breeze was merciless in scattering the pages farther away from the Professor.

"Oh my," he breathed dejectedly, watching a pair of assistants frantically scrambling to retrieve the fleeting papers. He grabbed the clipboard and got back to his feet, peering at Jenni and the Ralts with concern as he straightened his glasses back onto the arch of his nose. "You must have been in quite the hurry," he answered, trying to understand her incoherent words. He held his hands up and smiled gently. "Please, calm down, it's quite alright. Might I ask what that rush is about? It looks as if that Pokemon isn't doing too well. A, hm, Ralts, isn't it? A rare sight around here."
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

https://pokemongenesis.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Alekion Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:20 pm

Jenni was caught off guard, her face flush with embarrassment. She was such a clutz, and now she'd basically assaulted one of the top minds in Pokémon Research! Yet, there were more pressing matters at hand. She subconsciously clutched the young Ralts a bit closer upon her mention. That's right, she had a purpose, to take care of the Ralts first and foremost! Ralts was a rare Pokémon either way you looked at it, but to be in Johto it was even greater a commodity. She only hoped the Professor would treat her like a Pokémon, not an experiment.

"Y-yes, she was injured on the path. I couldn't leave her there!" She was wary of telling him that the Pokémon had made a psychic link with her, would he even believe such a thing? That wasn't important right now. "My name is Jennifer Wilde, I was coming to this town to begin my Pokémon Journey by registering for my license and getting my first Pokémon...but this one needs my help first. Please, do you have any medicine or anything to help?" She glanced down again to the unconscious Pokémon in her arms, scuff marks and abrasions littering the poor thing.

Gritting her teeth and shutting her eyes, she held out the Ralts to the Professor. She had never felt so reluctant in her life and she couldn't figure out why. It was like she didn't want to be apart from her. "She called out to me, you know... The Ralts, I mean," Jenni trailed off, just hoping she'd be alright. Her mind kept traveling back to the death of her family pet. She didn't even know this Pokémon, but the thought of the same happening choked her up inside and made her stomach flip. Still, she had to do what was best for the abandoned Ralts, and right now she needed professional medical attention. She'd heard that Elm's lab was filled to the brim with such equipment and know-how, more so than even many Pokémon Centers.

"If you don't mind though, I'd like to stay with her," Jenni trailed for a moment, trying to find the right words to say. "I want to be there for her when she wakes up, I don't want her to think she was abandoned again," Jenni stared to the ground, unable to look her higher up in the eye while she felt a rush of emotions she was unable to contend with. "Just please, fix her."
Alekion
Alekion
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:03 pm

Professor Elm's eyes shone with an academic curiosity regarding the Ralts, but he was a caretaker for Pokemon as equally so a researcher of them. It was clear that the time to ask questions was not the current moment. Injury in wild Pokemon wasn't uncommon with so many new trainers battling and training, but injuries such as the Ralts's were not of the norm nor showed any signs of mercy or typical battling. A clear injustice had been done, and it would have been much more grievous if Jennifer hadn't found it in time.

Listening to her story, the Professor was both relieved and worried and he cradled the injured Pokemon carefully after it being handed over to him. She hadn't been the trainer to have to capacity to allow such damage to a Pokemon, but that didn't mean the damage was undone. It also meant that whoever had was still out there somewhere, and that sickened the man. "This is an emergency indeed," he said, waving his curious assistants away to continue their work while he instead turned in the direction of New Bark. "Psychic types are known to communicate with humans through telepathy, although they are usually reserved in doing so until they trust the human. It must have been desperate if it communicated with a stranger. You must have a good heart, Jennifer. She trusted you enough to put her life in your hands, that shouldn't be taken lightly. I don't have the materials to help the Pokemon with me, but they're nearby in my lab."

He turned just enough to make sure Jenni was following as he made his way in a speedwalk back to New Bark. Any faster of a pace would have jolted the poor Ralts's body and caused more pain than good. At least while it was unconscious, the pain it currently suffered would be dulled with sleep. He wasted no time in holding the door open with a free arm and entering while motioning for the lab assistants inside to clear one of the small cushioned tables typically used to display starting Pokemon while outside of their Pokeballs for a new trainer to choose. They did so without question, and he gently set Ralts on it.

A few frantic voices called instructions to one another, and Elm soon joined in, although most of the words were medically based and hard to decipher. The result of them, however, was a lab assistant quickly shuffling through drawers until he withdrew a clean syringe. Typical action may have been to use the same machine the Pokemon Center would use while the Pokemon was contained inside of its ball, but this was a different case. The more serious situation required lesser known procedure, but that of a similar effect that the Potion line provided. The syringe was filled with a concoction of chemicals that promoted healthy recovery and healing quite rapidly. Because of the precision needed for the injection, it wasn't a tool typically used outside of Pokemon Center emergency operations. Luckily, one of the assistants currently within the lab was medically trained and studying the recovery ability of Pokemon, and they expertly applied it to the psychic type.

The healing would begin very quickly, and they had done it in time. A wave of relief washed across the room and Elm gently smiled toward Jenni. "That medicine is powerful stuff, I think that Ralts is going to be just fine. Thank you, for caring for her. If you'd like, I'd be glad to file your registration myself while she recovers. It shouldn't be long before she wakes up! You may also meet our three choices of starting Pokemon, if you'd like. It's a very exciting time in a trainer's life, yours especially, after starting out so frantically!"
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alekion Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:14 am

You aren't like him... The Pokémon's disembodied voice echoed in Jenni's head as Elm explained the bond between trainers and psychic types. Could she really have a good heart? She wanted to believe so, but with so many dark thoughts clouding her mind she had troubles holding onto the thought. Instead Jenni silently nodded, following Elm a few paces behind. He led onward to his lab, which was admittedly larger than Jenni had expected for such a small town.

As they stepped inside, it was a clear clutter with books and papers everywhere. It made her feel slightly less concerned about messing up his paperwork earlier, since it didn't appear he had any means of organization anyway. When he laid the unconscious Pokémon onto the cushioned tabletop, Jenni peered over and loomed in the background as Elm and his assistants scurried around to prevent any permanent damage to the Ralts. Jenni cringed a bit at the syringe, the needle was ridiculously long, but as she remembered when she had stitches as a child, the pain was brief compared to the relief.

The whole ordeal probably felt much longer than it actually took, the room drowning in its own emotional fatigue. At the mention of registration, Jenni again recalled her purpose here. She hadn't just wandered down to New Bark Town for the sole purpose of saving a Ralts, she came here to become a Trainer, registered and recognized by the Pokémon League! She nodded, face serious and determined though she found it hard to tear herself away from Ralts.

"Right, let's get registered, and-" she froze. She hadn't thought about choosing a starter in the least. What had she expected would happen, a Pokémon would just land in her lap? Her mind raced through textbooks worth of notes until she remembered something about the official starters from Elm's laboratory. There were three normally offered to new trainers, Cyndaquil, Chikorita and Totodile. She hummed, imagining which of the three she might choose. Her mind again returned to the Ralts, resting peacefully in the other room.

"So it's this easy?" Jenni asked, trying to make conversation as she signed the last of the papers. "Umm... I'm not really sure about which Pokémon I should choose, to be perfectly honest. I guess I got so caught up in the whirlwind I forgot to really think about that at all." She thought about each of their strengths and weaknesses. Each had the potential for greatness, but the more she thought about making a choice the worse she felt. Something wasn't right, and she couldn't pinpoint what.

"Could we go check on the Ralts? I... I would like to be there when she wakes up, and well... It'll give me more time to think about things, anyway." Jenni glanced to Elm, hoping she wasn't taking up too much of his time over her registraion. He probably dealt with tens, even hundreds of kids each year who go to register and request a Pokémon. Let alone some 20-something nobody who couldn't even afford to go on a proper adventure.
Alekion
Alekion
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:33 pm

"Indeed it is," Elm hummed cheerfully at Jenni's first question, watching carefully as she filled out the paperwork to make sure she was doing it correctly. "In all honesty, there's a growing population of people that go on their journeys regardless of registration, so it's a breath of fresh air to see less traditional trainers starting off on the same foot as the younger ones. Most trainers eventually end up in the system regardless, and because of this the paperwork is rather simple as well. A shame, really, the highlight of my day is sending new trainers off." He adjusted his glasses and realized that, as happened often, he had started babbling on about things. Doing so did kill time as Jenni finished up the papers, and he graciously took them and put them in a cabinet labeled 'To be Filed'.

"Choosing your first Pokemon is a momentous decision, I don't blame you for taking your time. Feel free to think on it for as long as you'd like!" He caught on to the hesitance in the girl's voice, and the expression on her face while she was in thought only strengthened the hypothesis that formed in his mind. Observation was one of the many strengths a Professor possessed, after all.

After Jenni's expressed concerns for Ralts, Elm nodded in response. "We're all finished here, and I believe Ralts would appreciate seeing you. From what I've heard of the medicine used, it's quite powerful stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if that little Pokemon wasn't already up and waiting to thank you!" He decided to test the waters of what he believed may have been troubling Jenni, "Say, I'm not certain that Ralts will do very well on its own once its recovered... Have you considered the idea of taking her if that's within Ralt's wishes as well? She did seek you out, after all, and there's no rule stating that a starting Pokemon must be Cyndaquil, Chikorita, or Totodile. It's quite alright if you decline, we'll find a proper place for her no matter what, it's just a silly idea from a silly Professor." His face curled into a small half-smile, waiting for a response.
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alekion Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:19 pm

Jenni hummed lightly to herself in thought. Ralts as a partner? She had been abused by her previous trainer, so it was high likely that she would have trust issues. Heck, Jenni wouldn't blame her if she never wanted to be a tamed Pokémon again! Still, thinking about the Psychic type by her side felt right. However, her own wishes in this matter were null, and she didn't want to pressure the Pokémon into anything. Guilt tripping her at this point would only cause resentment down the line.

She followed the Professor back to the now recovered Ralts. She was sitting atop the cushion, a small bandage wrapped around her head and arm to prevent infection from the remaining abrasions. Otherwise, she looked as though she'd had no more than a scuffle and was in fighting shape! The small Pokémon turned upon the duo's entrance into the room, sensing Jenni as they approached. A wide smile crept across Ralts' face, her childish voice ringing in Jenni's mind, Thank you! Thank you so much! I feel amazing now!

Jenni let out a sigh of relief, stepping forward to the Ralts and giving her an ever so gentle pat on the head. "I'm glad you're feeling better, you gave me a scare. What are you going to do when you recover fully?" Jenni asked, trying to steer the conversation a bit. Ralts tilted her head, mildly confused as her smile diminished.

I... I was hoping I could stay with you. You aren't like my old master. You're kind, and I don't know, I trust you. The people here are nice, but you aren't like them either. But I understand that you probably don't want a worthless Pokémon like me around... Ralts seemed to shrink down in her spot. Yet a flutter in Jenni's heart made her perk back up, the Ralts being able to read Jenni better than she could herself.

"Of course you can stay with me! I don't think anything could make me happier right now," Jenni stated enthusiastically. "But you should know that I'm a new trainer, so you'd be my only Pokémon for a while. We're gonna have to get stringer together, and keep each other safe," the girl smiled, Ralts jumping for joy into her arms. Jenni turned to Elm and nodded.

"For my starter Pokémon, I choose Ralts," it was the most decisive she'd been in a long time. It was like things were finally falling into place, and the world felt right for once. "Oh that reminds me...do you like to be called Ralts, or is there another name you like?"

You can call me Rini! Ralt's voice echoed happily, and Jenni smiled back down to her.

"Right then, Rini it is. Professor, I think I'm ready for my Pokédex." Jenni turned to Elm, a fire igniting in her eyes. She needed only her Pokédex and beginner's kit now. Her adventure would soon begin, and the two could learn from their mistakes together.
Alekion
Alekion
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:37 pm

"Oh, I love a happy ending," Professor Elm said in a sappy voice with a wide smile across his face as he watched the trainer and Pokemon talk with one another in, to him, a one-sided conversation. "Well, Jenni and Rini, congratulations on your partnership! The fact that you two are already communicating so freely together is an excellent sign. I know you both will go on to do great things. Just don't forget to come visit us sometime, my lab techs love to swap stories and hear about trainers' journeys. Anything to get them away from work!" He forced a cough, causing a couple of the assistants to jump, suddenly becoming engrossed in their work instead of watching the Professor and Jenni.

This caused a gruff laugh to escape from the Professor, causing him to clumsily hit his knee on the corner of a mobile shelf, making some of the hastily strewn clutter fall to the ground with an audible thud. It didn't seem an uncommon occurrence around the busy lab, though, and almost like clockwork an assistant began to pick it up and put it back in the general area it had been before. While rubbing his sore knee and mumbling something about karma under his breath, Elm grabbed a key and unlocked one of the only pristine and organized filing cabinets. From within, he grabbed a Pokedex and motioned for one of the assistants to retrieve the remaining gear needed for Jenni's adventure.

He held the Dex out toward Jenni with a smile, and a bundle of 5 Pokeballs and 3 Potions were set on a nearby table, ready for the new trainer to place with her things whenever ready. "You'll do good, Jenni. Mistakes will be made, friendships formed and lost. But most of all, you'll learn. And fight, and have a grand adventure. And that's all you can really ask for, to enjoy life by traveling with Pokemon by your side. Now get out there and start something you'll never forget!" His words were deep for the usually wayward Professor.
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alekion Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:35 am

Jenni bid her farewells to the kind folk at Professor Elm's lab, thankful for what they had done for her new partner, Rini. She glanced down to the Pokémon, who'd found a comfortable nook atop her pack against her waist. Between essentials from home and those given by the Professor, she was all set to start her journey, though it had truly already begun. A soft smile found its way to the young woman's lips as she looked up to the path ahead. Taking in a deep breath as she stepped back out onto the route for the first time as an official Pokémon Trainer, Jenni's body buzzed with excitement from within.

Rini leaned against her new found partner, smiling gently as she read her trainer's emotions with glee. Though there was much darkness in the world, there were always the silver linings. To Rini, Jenni was that silver lining. The same could be said the other way around, though it would be difficult to get Jenni to admit it. An Autumn breeze swept through, sending a chill with the smell of fallen leaves, and the Professor's words echoing in their heads.

"Winter is right around the corner... Sheesh, should have started in the Spring time. Camping out is gonna be horrible," Jenni said, already becoming pessimistic only a few meters into the journey. She had always been the kind to get excited over something and take on projects far too big only to drop them. She never really followed through with anything, her old room littered with notebooks full of unfinished sketches alone.

We could always get a fire type partner to keep us warm, Rini prodded gently, trying to keep things positive. She had been the weakest of her previous trainer's Pokémon, but she was all Jenni had. She didn't want her to think she was worthless too, so she had to keep her chin up. But we still have plenty of time before winter, the leaves are just starting to fall.

"You'd be surprised at how fast it all happens, Rini. Sometimes you blink and a year goes by," the fresh trainer said, some sadness in her voice as the two trod on. She felt as though she'd wasted so many years just planning for this day, and now that it was here, she wasn't at all sure of where to start. She knew Pokémon needed to train in order to get stronger. Most trainers used battles as training for their Pokémon, whether it be against wild Pokémon to capture, or those of another trainer.

"Tell me, Rini, have you ever been in a Pokémon battle before?" Jenni asked, the soft crunch of browned leaves acting white noise for their otherwise quiet walk. She was curious, as Rini had claimed her previous trainer called her weak. She assumed that meant she'd been tested in some way. Another gust of wind picked up, pulling a few hairs from Jenni's messy braid to fly feely. The girl shivered, pausing to set her bag down along with Rini. "I really don't do well with the cold, ironic since I grew up in Mahogany Town, eh?"

As Jenni pulled a light jacket from her bag, Rini merely watched and listened quietly. Jenni was acting like Rini was another person, trying to put on a front with small talk and awkwardly paced conversations. I've never been there, Rini replied, tilting her head. Why is it ironic? a light rustle in a nearby bush caught the Pokémon's attention. She became immediately alert, head turning in the direction of the sound. Did you hear that?

"Hmm?" Jenni questioned, zipping the jacket partially as she quieted and listened for a moment. A few leaves stirred as another light breeze swept through. "It's just the wind, Rini. Don't be so paranoid..." However, Rini was still on alert, and now Jenni too was on edge. She swung the strap to her satchel over shoulder as she stared in the direction Rini had been. Of course, it was right where they were headed, either that or they had to go all the way around.

"Don't get me all on edge just to get out of a question, now!" Jenni said in a joking manner, again putting on a front to hide her feelings. It was the easiest way to deal with them, making light of situations. "We better hurry if we want to make it to Cherrygrove by dark," Jenni said hesitantly, taking another step forward. A twig cracked loudly beneath her boots, the bush ahead rustling as something leapt out at the new team!

Ummm, Jenni, I think this might be a good time to tell you that I've never been in a real Pokémon battle! Rini's voice was a bit panicked, eyes to the bush as the figure appeared before them. She was terrified imagining that somehow a large, menacing Pokémon would appear and eat the two of them, though that was more than likely not the case. Still, the young Pokémon threw herself between the figure and her trainer, she had to be strong, for Jenni!

Last edited by Wilde on Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alekion
Alekion
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:44 pm

The strong, terrifying Pokemon ready to gobble up the group for its next meal was none other than a Rattata. It did have a rather large tooth, but that was the only thing big and scary about the Pokemon. Instead, he seemed fluffier than most of his kind, especially for a usually rugged wild Pokemon. One of his ears had a notch bitten out of it, though long healed. A scar from a more violent battle between wild Pokemon. It was likely either a badge of honor of a scar of loss, but it was enough to show that the rat knew its way around a fight.

At the moment he stood with his hackles raised and his eyes glaring toward the two. Beneath the bush he leapt from was a small pile of berries, the Rattata's food hoard. None of the berries looked to be in very pristine condition, most likely due to the season's chill causing the plants they come off of to struggle to keep up. It seemed that Jenni and Rini had gotten a bit too close to his precious treasure for comfort and he was ready to fight to defend his berries!

A Wilde Beginning 019
Pokemon: Rattata
Level: 4
Ability: Guts
Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alekion Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:28 pm

It would be Jenni's luck, two battle inexperienced rookies versus an apparent veteran. Unlike trainer Pokémon, wild Pokémon had to fight daily for survival, the enemy had more to risk. Rattata, common Pokémon. A rodent with a nasty bite, but this one looks like it's still a fairly low level. We could still have this. Jenni's thoughts were her own as she quickly evaluated the scene at play, shifting a foot back uneasily.

"We don't want any of your berries, but if we must battle you to pass, then so be it!" This was it, this was what being a Trainer was. Facing the obstacles in life, not running away from them. All Trainers had to battle at some point, so it may as well be here and now. "Alright Rini, use-" Jenni froze. She had no clue what moves Rini knew! The Rattata seemed on edge and ready to strike. "Anything, Rini! Quick, use anything!" the trainer panicked. She could get to know Rini's moves at a later date. For now, the task at hand was of far greater importance.

Rini was in a silent panic, trembling from the inside as she stared down the foe Rattata. Sadly, her new trainer was no comfort in this situation. Jenni's panic resonated with Rini, sending her into fight or flight mode, to which the young Pokémon quickly unleashed an attack. Her eyes lit up, glowing menacingly as she launched a ray at the foe, meant to disorient and confuse him. It was her Confuse Ray, a move inherited from her parents before her. It was non-damaging, but could prove useful in a tactical fight.
Alekion
Alekion
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:15 pm

A Wilde Beginning 280  VS. A Wilde Beginning 019
Rini: 100% - No Status - No Stat Changes
Rattata: 95% - Confused - No Stat Changes

The strange, disorientating wave of energy barraged Rattata, and he recoiled back as his world began to spin on a different axis. Colors and hallucinations spotted across his mind, and nothing seemed real. If it weren't for his own paws digging into the ground below him, he may have even believed himself dead or floating away from the world. His head grew light and ditsy, and his keen senses began to fade away. Shaking his head did little to alleviate the issues. Glaring, he tried his best to dash toward Rini in a Quick Attack, but his speed staggered and his aim was off, sending him slamming into a tree trunk with an audible and painful thud. He had hurt himself in his confusion! Due to the splitting pain in his head, he took the opportunity to try and clear his head, giving the Ralts another chance to attack.
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alekion Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:20 am

The ray seemed to hit the foe Rattata, but did no damage. It left Jenni somewhat confused and disheartened as the Rattata went to counterstrike. "Rini!" Jenni called out, watching the Rattata begin to sprint. However, as it took a wobbly turn and smacked into a tree Jenni relaxed a bit. "Wh-what was that?" She was stunned, whatever Rini had done had worked.

That was my Confuse Ray! Rini explained, feeling the approval of Jenni. Just you wait, I've got more than just that! Rini felt more confident, staring down the Rattata and growling intimidatingly. From beneath the cap of green hair, her eyes glowed a menacing red, trying to envelope Rattata in a psychic haze. Rini used Confusion!
Alekion
Alekion
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:44 am

Rini: 100% - No Status - No Stat Changes
Rattata: 54% - No Status - No Stat Changes

The psychic attack slammed into Rattata with great effect. The poor confused Pokemon had little opportunity to dodge an attack of that nature at his full wits, and the current spinning world sending him off balance at every step didn't help in the slightest when it came to his ability to get out of the way of an attack. This odd haze did distract him from the effects of the Growl, though. Instead, the Confusion hit him full-force, and the attack's power was only amplified by Ralts being a psychic type and a higher level. It wasn't a critical hit, but it still did plenty of damage. Recoiling, the only good to come from the hit was the pounding in his head. The rat Pokemon focused on the pain, thought of nothing else, and little by little began to see the world straight again. He snapped out of confusion! Rearing back, he was ready to retaliate. He bared his teeth and dashed forward at an unnatural speed. A Quick Attack, aiming right for Rini!
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alekion Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:32 am

Jenni tensed up in excitement as the psychic attack struck, leaving the Rattata somewhat tattered looking. The energy was felt, buzzing through Jenni like a caffeinated high. Things were looking in her favor, and it was only her first battle. When she saw the enemy clear its head, the feeling sank into her stomach. Before Jenni could even think to react, Rattata had taken off faster than her eyes could follow.

Rini was slightly taken back as well. One moment she was on top of the world, then the next she was on her rear with the wind knocked out of her. She grimaced, a slight whimper escaping as she climbed back to her feet. She grunted angrily, gritting her teeth as she looked at the Rattata. She wanted to stop and cry, to give in now that she was faced with opposition. Tears formed in her eyes, tilting her head down slightly to prevent Jenni from seeing. She couldn't give in, she couldn't be left behind again, had to be strong this time!

"Woah, you alright Rini?!" Jenni called out, stepping quickly forward before holding herself back. It was a dangerous situation, she had to think before acting. "Whatever that move was, do it again!" The attacked seemed to have been fairly effective, and Jenni figured that the sooner the battle ended, the sooner she could properly treat her partner.

It's called confusion. Rini cringed, resisting the urge to hiss from the sting of Rattata's attack. Upon Jenni's order, she again launched a Confusion attack at the Rattata. This time however, she had a bit of vengeance in her. She definitely didn't want to get hit more than necessary to end things. She needed to pay more attention to her opponents in the future.
Alekion
Alekion
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:06 pm

Rini: 75% - No Status - No Stat Changes
Rattata: 4% - No Status - No Stat Changes

Smirking at his success, Rattata was feeling confident in his speed. That being said, not even having speed at his side was enough to prevent the strange power of psychic attacks. He watched helplessly as the Confusion almost angrily shot out at him. Despite his best, scrambling efforts, he could do nothing but take the hit and slam into the ground from its force. His legs were shaking and his breath was heavy, and the look in his eyes showed that he was getting exhausted. He was almost too weak to fight, but the rat Pokemon didn't know how to give up. In the wild, all he could do was fight and fight until he couldn't anymore, and that was what he intended. Despite the glaring odds, he wasn't about to back down.

Lowering his head, he braced himself and dashed at Rini once again. He was using another Quick Attack to boost his speed and rush forward with his head lowered, attempting to aim straight for the Ralts's fragile body.
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alekion Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:09 pm

Jenni watched as Rattata was mercilessly thrashed about, foot shifting uneasily in tension. Rini took a good hit the first time, Jenni didn't want that to happen again. "Ready to give up and let us through?" Jenni called out, watching the foe stagger back to its feat. It was panting and out of breath, clearly close to fainting. However, once he launched himself at Rini again he had answered. "So be it. Rini, finish it!"

Rini was more cautious this time, keeping a keen eye on Rattata's movements. She watched for telltale signs of an incoming attack. The careful shift of paws was all it took, Rattata launched himself at blinding speeds. However, being Psychic had its advantages sometimes. Rini quickly spun away from Rattata, feeling him only brush by her in a graceful pirouette. She halted herself, trying to quickly regain her ground when she locked on to Rattata again.

If he wasn't going to give in, Rini sure as hell couldn't! She would prove her worth, one way or another. While the foe was still hopefully dazed in confusion about Rini's evasive tactics, she tried to knock him out to put an end to things. With one last psychic blast, Rini launched her hopefully final attack on the enemy.
Alekion
Alekion
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:03 pm

The final psychic attack was too much for the poor rat. He could only cry out with despair, glancing desperately toward his food store then fall to the ground, fainted. His whiskers twitched and his eyes fell shut while he lay motionless. There was nothing to defend his livelihood now, and even if Rini and Jenni had no intentions of stealing from it, any wild Pokemon wandering by while he was unconscious wouldn't be so kindly inclined. Such was life. Of course, the struggles of a wild Pokemon were overshadowed by the glory of one's first victory, Rini had succeeded, the battle was won!

Rini gained 4 exp. and 10 Happiness!
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alekion Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:42 pm

A wave of relief and adrenaline washed over Jenni as the Rattata was knocked out. "We did it! You did it!" Jenni shouted excitedly, rushing to Rini's side. She lifted the small Pokémon, giving her an excited squeeze in the throes of their first victory. The little Pokémon squeaked in response, laughing a bit in the excitement.

Jenni, I can't breathe! Rini jokingly projected. Jenni smiled, setting her partner back down. Her heart was racing still, but then she looked to the defenseless Pokémon on the side of the road. She hummed lightly in thought, walking over and kneeling beside the fainted creature. She knew it would recover naturally in a few hours, but until then would be unable to defend itself. She scooped it up, moving him to a bush and gently tucking him beneath the branches. It would at least protect him from any immediate dangers. Picking up a pile of leaves, Jenni lightly covered the Rattata's stash in hopes of protecting at least some of it.

"Well, I hope he'll be alright. But wild Pokémon get into fights all the time anyway, right?" Jenni brushed the dirt from her pants and sweater, letting out a sigh as she came down from the high. "We should get going if we want to make it to Cherrygrove by dark, the sun's already starting to set."

Rini nodded, silently proud of herself. She faced the confrontation head on, and came out on top. She was going to see the world, and be at Jenni's side from now on. Together, they would climb the ladder all the way to the top. She smiled up to Jenni, the trainer focused on the road ahead as they walked on to the future.

[end topic]
Alekion
Alekion
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down