Pokémon Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Into the New World

5 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Into the New World - Page 6 Empty Re: Into the New World

Post by MegaAbsol Sun May 22, 2016 10:11 am

(Crud, sorry about the delay >w< Weekends are always rollercoasters. Also, my mom protested against Skype, so I'm laying low for a while o3o Sorry, Nishy. I'll resume Skype-plotting as soon as I can!)
(Also, by Protect, you mean Toxic, right?)

"Yep, which is why you need to get practice in using it. You do want to have proficiency in it, right? What if it fails you in a critical moment?" Laura reasoned, just as Claire nimbly avoided a sailor lugging a huge sack in. By the looks of it - dimensions of size, evenness of surface and the apparent weight of it - it didn't quite look as though it contained sand.

The ship rocked slightly as the sack was put down none too gently - was that the deck creaking? The poor man huffed, "Sorry, ma'am. This size good? Although I'm afraid I'm gonna hafta ask ya'll to move to the battling deck. Can't have Pokemon wrecking the cafeteria." It wasn't the best cafeteria, but it was all they had. Receiving confirmation for Claire that the sack was 'perfectly fine', the weary sailor released a Machop, who easily hefted the sizeable load as though it was nothing and strode off - presumably to the battle deck.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Sun May 22, 2016 8:53 pm

((I do, so at least one of us knows what's going on. xP What was she protesting against skype for?))

"Yeah, exactly. When Gael was battling Farren back in the forest, his ice beam was really weak and it wasn't at top level against Claire's Pokemon, either. So I thought this way that we could get ourselves ready." Alice explained. She took Farren in one arm and her drink with the free hand, although the sight of the Machop stole her attention, "Oh my gosh! You have a Machop, that's so cool!" She half-jogged over to the sailor, "Is he friendly? They're one of my favourite Pokemon and I've never seen one before! I won't fuss over it if it doesn't like strangers, though." Alice added carefully, planning to follow the fighting type out either way. Seeing real life Pokemon was certainly exciting. It really was a dream come true.
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Mon May 23, 2016 12:51 am

(Don't ask o3o She thinks the world is full of pedophiles and kidnappers and they're all out for me.)

"Aye, ma'am. He's friendly enough. Just don't praise him too much. Gets to 'is head, it does." The sailor grinned a lop-sided grin, while the Machop, evidently listening in, smirked. "All us sailors 'ave Machops. Helps with us work, they do." He spoke with a slight foreign accent, implying he probably wasn't from Kanto, and thus the struggling to speak their dialect. Having reached the deck, the Superpower pokemon gently set the sack down, and on its partners commands, directed it around so that it rested around the middle of the field. "Ay, ma'am. Anythin' else I ken help youse with?" He turned, and touching his hat, courteously tipped it. Laura giggled, "He's funny. I like him." She whispered to Alice.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Mon May 23, 2016 1:04 am

Alice grinned as she listened to the sailor speak, giggling. His accent didn't bother her, though. "Not right now, at least, but thank you. And thank you, Machop!" The new trainer added in a call, noticing his prideful smirk. "He's a handsome thing, isn't he?" She said of the Pokemon as she let Farren down, the bug hopping into place not far from the sack.

"Okay. Since it's the battle deck, we should be okay to leave a little mess. So let's practice using your new toxic attack, Farren!" Alice ordered. It was a simple start to their training, with the bug attempting to expel some poisonous purple ooze. At first all he could manage was a vague spray of droplets which seemed to evaporate in the Archipelago heat. However eith continued egfort, the cone's toxic was increasing in volume and viscosity, Pineco working hard to unleash large puddles of toxic into concentrated puddles onto the deck.

"Good boy!" Alice praised Farren with excited applause. She was hoping that with this exercise, the move might properly and safely be learned.
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Mon May 23, 2016 9:43 am

The toxic puddles were beginning to seep through the sturdy sack material and the deck, but a fellow sailors Tentacool jumped to the rescue, injecting water into the puddles while sitting right in the middle of it, and then seemingly absorbing the dilute acid. "Aye, lass. That Pineco is growing to be real strong. And don't worry 'bout the deck. It's seen worse. Why, a boy in a red cap came along and caught a Tentacool while on the ship. Within the ships cruise time, he taught the Poison type so well that its acid could melt through the steel holdings of the ship. Aye, those were some major reconstuctings that day..." The sailor trailed off in reminiscence.

92 words of actual relevance towards training
Farren gained 9 exp!
Farren grew to level 8!

(Darn it, thinking about the Ship of Theseus paradox now o3o)
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Mon May 23, 2016 10:02 am

Alice hummed as she saw the Tentacool come into help. That gave her an idea. "That does sound like a pain in the arse, though. I hope they helped out after doing so much damage!" She replied. If it were her, she'd have been lawyering up! "Keep on practicing, Farren. You're looking stronger already!" She gave the bug a thumbs up, and he jumped with joy before refocusing his efforts on the withering sack. Instead, she crossed to the side, asking the other sailor and the Tentacool if it would aid in their training, glad to receive an affirmative when she explained her plans.

It wasn't for the sake of a battle, but simply to practice their moves together. "Okay, we need you to practice on a moving target, Farren! So this Tentacool's gonna move, and you have to aim your toxic at it, so let's go!" Her Pokemon nodded, red eyes focusing in on the dual-type, who was beginning to slither here and there. Alice watched as Farren began to fire off jets of the gross toxic attack. It started off as easy to hit, barely bothering to evade and merely gobbling up the dangerous sludge. However, Alice soon had the Tentacool using a water attack to aid its movement, forcing Farren to jump about the deck to get better aim.

"Don't forget to bounce up into the air, too! Keep at it!" Alice encouraged Farren, who knew he'd be enjoying food and a rest whenever it came around. At least he was right that she was a worthwhile trainer despite her freshness, though! He continued to bound after the Tentacool, toxic striking its mark with varying degrees of success. "We'll practice your resistance and defense, too! Tentacool will strike back with acid, so make sure to dodge or force back!"

It was like observing a jumping jack or living needle, or a battle of the wits and evasiveness. Farren was definitely on the move again, weaving around the deck to avoid the gross move from affecting him (although any hits taken didn't really hurt so much as niggle at him, at least). They even tested their strength together, Farren firing off a more powerful toxic against the acid, one jet of purple pushing at Tentacool's jet of sewage green-black, the two forces colliding and spluttering on the battle deck floor as they fought against one another. When one would overwhelm, the defending Pokemon would attempt to dodge, and then they would start all over again. Alice observed from a safe distance, and when she judged that Farren had improved (but also seemed a little weary), she declared that it was enough, thanking the other sailor and allowing his Tentacool to scoop up the delicious poison.

"You're such a tough boy, Farren! Thank you very much!" She crouched down and outstretched her arms for him. Once he had shook the poison from his crooks, the Pineco delightedly crossed the floor to join her. "Look at how tough you are! Good stuff!"
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Mon May 23, 2016 11:39 am

353 words of relevance to the training
Farren gains 35 exp!
Farren grew to level 10 with 8 exp remaining!
Farren learnt Bug Bite!
Farren gained 30 Happiness!
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Mon May 23, 2016 12:19 pm

Farren had definitely grown in power, and despite how worn out he seemed, he looked delighted in his hard work and achievement. It meant a lot, too, that this girl he hadn't long met was already cuddling and smooching him and seemed happier about the whole thing than he did. He didn't even see himself as particularly cute, cuddly or kissable (he was a cone bug??), but she did, and that was something. "Piiiine." Farren cooed. Alice set him down, now looking into the Heal Ball of their comrade. Gael certainly enjoyed a good scrap more than he did, and had a better talent for it.

"Okay, Gael, let's give you a go this time!" Alice called out, releasing her sea slug onto the deck. The sun beat down onto his slimy skin, and Farren greeted Gael politely. The other Pokemon looked around, returning the gesture amicably. He carried himself in a way that exuded confidence and flair. The girl hummed. She could do with training Gael, too. "Alright, I have an idea. Excuse me, sorry to bother you again--" She laughed, looking to the owner of the Tentacool and some of his colleagues, "But is it alright if I battle with one of your Machops? I'd like to train my Shellos." She explained. The men looked among themselves, and one of them eventually offered his fighting type up for grabs.

"Shellos, you can start your warm up by moving that sack out of the way. Use your ice beam on the deck and then push it with tackle!" Alice ordered. Her Pokemon nodded. He felt above peasant work, but wanted to show off his power, lighting up the battlefield with a translucent sheen with which he used to steer the sack off to the side. When that was done, both trainers took up their posts, the Machop flexing with equal belief in his strength. The sailor that had been spectating up until then took up his post as referee.

"This will be a one on one battle between Alice's Shellos, Gael, and Martin's Machop! On your marks, begin!" The sailor called, and Alice's heart raced, already excited and nervous for the match about to unfold. Their Pokemon were equally matched in level, but the blue humanoid had strength a hundred fold compared to Gael, almost. That was a fact. "Okay, let's start off predictably! Aim a toxic attack at Machop!" The trainer commanded. Her Pokemon inhaled deeply, and then began to spew forth poisonous bile. Machop managed to evade, narrowly, although the deck was still a bit slippery. "Again! While we've got a better chance!" The motion was repeated, and thankfully, the enemy was poisoned. While the Machop seemed displeased, his trainer simply laughed with renewed confidence.

"That could be a bad move on your part!" The man announced, and Alice frowned in puzzlement. "My Machop has Guts, he's a brave lad! Afflicting him with a status will strengthen his attack power by half! And then, with focus energy, we could put you in a world of pain!" The sailor explained, the Machop visibly concentrating his power, like a monk opening their chakra. Alice's stomach sunk. They were in for a world of Hell.
"Alright. Gael, harden!" Gael's skin took on an extra layer, one which caught the sun at certain angles and his raised his defense by one. It wouldn't do much, but through the battle it could make all of the difference. "Okay, let's ice over that deck again, once more, and then strike Machop to the eyes with mud slap!"

Other trainers had come to spectate now, watching from their spots on the decks below or around the perimeter near Farren and the referee, viewing as the battlefield became even harder for the fighting type to keep balanced on. Gael's ice beam looked far stronger than it had when he and Farren had clashed back on Murrcott, which made it deadlier, although all it did currently was nip at Machop's toes. The main threat was the mud slap, which was evaded at sacrifice to the fighting type's balance. He was beginning to learn, though, flipping onto all fours and bracing himself, digging his tough fingers into the ice to form cracks he could latch onto.

"Put that Shellos into its place with leer!" The sailor demanded, "And then use low kick!" Doing as ordered, the Machop leered menacingly, undoing Alice's good work with the hardened skin. And then, trying to skate forward, it swung its body low to kick at Shellos. The damage was not too grand. Gael was a light Pokemon, but it hurt. It also got Machop close. "Water pulse, and then mud slap!" Alice countered, and the two moves struck their mark. Water pulse was powered extra by the owner's typing, and then the mud clung to Machop's eyes, forcing him to try and wipe it off to see. The last thing he needed was a dip in his precision when they were already going to be careening everywhere!
"Break that ice with your fists, Machop, we don't have time for it!" The sailor said. With stinging eyes closed, the battler began to smash at the melting, brittle stuff with his overpowered hands. Alice and the audience gasped as it began to shatter like glass. "Now, go in for another low kick!"
"Dodge it, Gael, and use water pulse! Let's get it confused! Jump up!"

Alice couldn't afford to let Gael take too many hits what with the fighting type's boosted power, and so she was relieved when Gael barely unglued itself from its own sheet of ice remaining, the Machop sweeping under it. It had gone in to follow up, barely blocked by a strong jet of water and waves which seemed to blare at his senses, attempting to dizzy the creature and rattle its brain. The effect failed, at least on that occasion. The battle consisted of special against physical, and the tables finally began to turn in Alice's favour when the toxic really dug in to Machop's bones. It weakened him enough for Gael to use a now proficient ice beam on its strong legs, trapping it in place while the sea slug rattled the poor thing with water pulse after water pulse. By the time the ice broke down from heat and hurt, Machop had collapsed defeated onto the floor.

"And the winner is the challenger, Alice Hope, and Gael the Shellos! Definitely a close and exciting match!" The sailor declared. Martin sighed, returning his weary Pokemon, but he bore his victory with far more humility than Gael, at least, who was sliding back to Alice with clear ego despite his bruised body. "T'was a good match. You two definitely have potential! But I have to get back to work. Thanks for the fun break!" He called down to his workmates that he would restore his Machop's health, running off to do so before getting back to the job.

"You are my clever boy! My two talented, clever boys! I am so proud of you both today!" Alice cheered, scooping up Gael and jumping about, the crowd dispersing around them. Farren chimed his agreement and congratulations to his teammate, who beamed as bright as the sun. "Shellos~~!"
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Mon May 23, 2016 11:15 pm

(Ah, this makes my heart bleed. Out of 1209 words, only 632 contribute towards the training.)

632 words of relevance
Gael gained 63 exp! (Wow!)
Gael grew to level 13 with 4 exp remaining!
Gael learnt Mud Bomb!
Gael gained 60 Happiness!
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Tue May 24, 2016 1:39 am

((Lol idk why it nakes your heart bleed but eh. Seeing as you didn't put a post there I'll open a Valencia Island thread when I can, as I'm mobile all day today.))
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Tue May 24, 2016 1:43 am

(Ah, okay, topic exit? I'll write up an appropriate ending)

"Look, Alice!" Laura shouted excitedly as their battle wrapped up, running to the stern of the boat and pretty much hanging off the railing. Her excitement was justified; in the distance, resting atop a glimmering horizon, lay the silhouette of a rapidly growing land form. Valencia Island. They had arrived.

{TOPIC EXIT}
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6