Pokémon Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon Hunter

2 posters

Go down

Pokemon Hunter Empty Pokemon Hunter

Post by Beedrill Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:31 pm

(Currently WIP, keeping it here so anyone can be interested in it and get ready for it... or suggest ideas if they'd like to)
Set in a world unlike the regular pokemon universe, instead of capturing and befriending these cute creatures of varying sizes, we hunt them to survive, whether it be food, herbs, or to simply live. Living on our continent of <name here>, consisting of all sorts of different terrains, from deserts, to swamps, to even a volcano, a home for almost all types of pokemons.

Pokemon can be turned into some weapon but not others (When someone asks if they can turn maybe a Torterra into a small little knife, the upper people (possibly me and someone else) could discuss whether it's a good idea or not (I don't think Torterra being a knife is a good idea) and we tell the user they can or can't)

Pokemon are tamable (it's not pokemon if you can't own them in some way), some being easier than others, and some requiring specific tasks or items to tame (like legendaries)

Only allowed three tamed pokemon at a time (as having six is quite a lot to have following you XD)
Obviously we will have rules, like the basic rules (no l33t text, nothing extremely gory (remember, not trying to scare anyone off XD)), then the rules to prevent easy cheating (No harvesting from own pokemon other than small things like medicinal herbs from most grass types and milk from Miltanks)

Pokemon weapon fusion (Solrock and Lunatone made into a staff (Only certain pokemon will work with certain pokemon (no Bulbasaur and Pichu fusion))) (I am a bit iffy on this one, but some of these fusion ideas are kind of cool (might think of an idea to make this hard to achieve))

Here are some pictures for some weapons ideas (don't expect to make some of them... as in this world, it set for a more medieval time, meaning no ditto, no Porygon, or most human made pokemon, but you can find fossil pokemon as well, they are decently rare, but also much stronger. Lastly Some fusion I dislike the idea of, Grimer and Slugma, etc.)
https://imgur.com/gallery/LrxAy

TODO List:
Figure out how the region will be, like names, nearby islands, etc.
Make a list of all the pokemon that won't be found
Make a character sheet
Complete the story settings
Make a rules list
Figure more things for the TODO List ._.' (Yes, being lazy here I guess XD)
Beedrill
Beedrill

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Hunter Empty Re: Pokemon Hunter

Post by MegaAbsol Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:04 am

I'm interested! ^w^/

Of course, plot comes first. Not only are reasons required for why Pokemon can turn into weapons, but also how people use them. Is the world in anarchy, with people and pokemon alike taking sides? That'd be cool. 6 Pokemon doesn't seem excessive, but I suppose it would be a tad much - heck, if a person has dual daggers, one longsword and one crossbow, they'd be 'armed to the teeth' o4o

Would make a lot more sense for people to just have one pokemon/weapon partner they bond well with - hence the effective channeling of energies. And depending on the Pokemon's type, the wielder gets an elemental advantage as well? Let's face it, if it's not collecting and battling, it's not pokemon x3

Name of the region is easy o4o It's obviously Genesis! Cough. While I meant it as a joke, if the world really is in anarchy, the liberator (?) side could easily be called Genesis.

Rules...rules...Well, in the form, one would have to name their pokemon and what it turns into, so that's fine, tis off the list. Speaking of Pokemon, naturally legends play an integral part - if we're including pokemon of all six generations, legends combined is quite a number. So, with the ultimate goal of assigning one legendary to each participating user, we should have a nice hard limit. 40 or something, I suppose (which in hindsight is so much ._.) ((Maybe two to each then? With the one initial starting mon, it makes a nice round figure of 3 each.))
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Beedrill Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:38 pm

Ah, and that post right there is the prime example why I should finish the plot, I thank you for that, and I apologize for having you think all of that up.

I did not mean to make it seem like this is a sort of Soul Eater/Pokemon kind of RP, where the pokemon can switch back and forth between it's pokemon form and it's weapon form. I more meant (as I thought I had written down) as a Monster/Pokemon kind of RP, where you physically hunt, kill, and use parts of their body to forge different types of weapons (I apologize for anyone that got a bit disheartened after reading this btw). So there is no real organization or than the hunters themselves and that's about it, and Pokemon are just considered wild monsters.

Lastly, I may add each and every generation, or I might take out a few, still don't know, legendaries will be extremely rare, making them hard to find and have possibly the best weaponry you can make... and of course armor... but everyone is just here for the weapons so it doesn't matter XD
Beedrill
Beedrill

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:51 am

Beedrill wrote:I more meant (as I thought I had written down) as a Monster/Pokemon kind of RP, where you physically hunt, kill, and use parts of their body to forge different types of weapons

Gah! What?! o.O ...Er, that took a dark turn real quick. W-what purpose would that serve? Besides, nothing in Pokemon ever exceeds the age group of ten xD I can see the weapons still having the properties of the mon it came from, like Akame ga Kill, but for the weapons to be actually coveted and used, there needs to be a war-like setting. Why am I hooked up on war

So...theoretically, depending on the skill of the Hunter, they could essentially kill scores of mons and have n number of weapons. Wow. I hope we have infinite baggage space.

While this is a very different concept than normal, hey ho, it's interesting, to say the least!
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Beedrill Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:36 pm

Well, in all honesty, always having these super happy pokemon RPs around... makes nobody expect that pokemon could technically Predators that hunt and kill anything in their territory or in territories they are trying to lay claim to, because animals do this everyday, and pokemon are practically animals so... yay, hunting pokemon time :D

There will be a limit on the inventory system, there will be an infinite amount of room for material gathering (at least for now), but there will only be one set of armor, 2 weapons (big, small, ranged, melee), 3-5 accessories, and 5-10 usable items. This should prevent people from carrying 5 hammers of different types, 5 war axes of different types, 5 knives of different types, and 93 Crossbows of different types and pokemon... But there will be a box you can store your stuff in and you can also sell things.

So uh... yeah, that is what I have as info, and soon, this will be added to the starting post when I get the time to do so, yay :D

(... Maybe I should bring Piper into this world since I didn't have much of a chance to use her yet in the Grimgar RP... hm...)
Beedrill
Beedrill

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:26 am

Only 2?! pwp No! Please! Three! Pleeease!

On a different note, since I'm still high on SAO, why not make it kind of like that. The further you train your strength, the more weight you can carry. Would make more sense since the class system obviously exists. Warriors - shield wielders, claymore users, that kind of people who also wear knight like heavy armour - naturally need a lot of strength, so they serve to fulfill the tank class role. However, stuff like armor and shields also obviously lower your speed. Why am I bringing stats in this

But yeah, this sounds awesome! :D Can't wait to get started :3
And please no Piper
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Beedrill Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:22 pm

Still open to suggestions by the way as I think of some things for this as well... and totally not get distracted by Pokemon Moon and my way to happy to kill Brionne... um... anyways yeah, I've been thinking of making a sort of map of the island, cause pixel art is extremely fun... I mean... it can help keep everything sorted on places and towns... I just need help figuring out how many towns, side islands, landmarks, and many other things, just to know how big to make and what types of landmarks to make...
Beedrill
Beedrill

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:16 am

I have a question o3o/ I just didn't want to double post. Since Pokemon are basically animals, can we tame them? Can they still use elemental attacks and such? (If so, how does anyone catch Abra then?) Also, in the beginning post, you'll have to input how they are hunted.

Names...hmm, are you still open to suggestions?

Open for list of random names:
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Beedrill Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:11 am

I thought I said we could tame them, but we are only limited to three of them. They do still indeed use elemental attacks, meaning it'd be difficult to fight most rock, steel, and even psychic types without a sort of hammer or magical staff (yes, we can use magic as well), and our weapons shall carry one element type (attack), and armor will carry up to two (defense).

Also, there is pretty much no reason to tame an Abra considering it be hard to train, but how Abra can be tamed is up to the character and whether I think it can work (Not all pokemon hunt, some can be passive or scared easily), and because of difficulties with some pokemon, Gyarados and Kadabra can be found, as well as pokemon that require trading, evo stones, or any other way.

Lastly, names are completely welcome, just at the moment, landmarks and such are more important.
Beedrill
Beedrill

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:20 am

By taming, I meant catching it to make weapons and/or teleport crystal kind of thingies. Those do exist, right? Also, how can armor's elements be utilized besides maybe shining or forming a shield if some NVE or immune attack is used? (ex: Ground type armor against electric attack)

Oh o3o Well...
Starting Town requires a forest nearby. The cities/later establishments can have water bodies and such. Volcanoes and glaciers are naturally pretty isolated habitats occurring away from habitation. 10 towns should be enough, maybe 3-4 cities. A few islands, maybe upto 5. Landmarks like towers and such are minor, but I have a couple of ideas regarding those...
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Beedrill Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:03 pm

Map 1.0:
https://i.servimg.com/u/f37/17/67/87/38/map2_010.png
Here is version 1 of the map so far... this is essentially just a basic idea of what I plan to do with it, with a forest, plains with the occasional group of trees, a volcano, a single mountain, three islands (2 ordinary, 1 frozen), a desert with an oasis, and the occasional camps set everywhere. I plan on possibly adding more islands, more mountains, making the main island bigger (or making another main island), more camps, add some ruins in different areas, then make a list of where each pokemon will be found.

Anyways... taming pokemon is only for allowing them to help you with fighting and/or making a sort of farming for minor materials (as stated before I'm sure), to get better material, you must physically kill and harvest them... so no teleport crystal from an abra unless you actually hunt them... (I will think of some item for the teleporting and what to make from it... eventually)

The armor will work just like the pokemon's typing, having Toxicroak's Armor, you will be taking almost no damage from a Megahorn, but Psychic will more than likely rip you in two... (currently imagining getting hit by a Heracross's Megahorn and just sliding sideways an inch XD). Also, electric moves on your Dugtrio armor (lol), it will basically absorb it and not even give you a slight tingle.
Beedrill
Beedrill

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:34 am

*zooms in to 400% to see map clearly*

That...looks cool! o4o I like how you layered the mountain to give it a 3-D height kind of effect! But would there be a volcano in the middle of a forest? Also, how high is that single mountain? It looks pretty good as it is, and I feel any further additions are unnecessary, but if you're looking at it anyway, another island would be cool, as well as a third, smaller island populated only by powerful pokemon o3o/ Are those red dots camps/towns/civilizations? There's someone living on the frozen island?

Try adding some landmarks like the Bell Tower from Pokemon 5th Gen, in memory of those slain while battling v.v Also, in this world, does the general populace see pokemon only as mindless savages that need to be killed/exterminated, or does a small group accept them as living beings and wish to protect them? You know, like PETA or tree-hugging groups kind of thing.

Yess taming pokemon is allowed Absol here I come

That's so awesome o3o Imagine having Dark type armour, a large Fairy type claymore and a Ground type shield. No weaknesses! (Since the claymore can be used for blocking and such) (And as an added benefit, immunity to 3 types! Wow! This is gonna be my OC no steal plz) Although how would you even make anything out of Diglett/Dugtrio o3o They have...no body, to speak of.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Beedrill Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:35 pm

I do apologize for the size, I hadn't realized it'd be that small, I will make it bigger for the next update of the map I make. The location of the volcano is just a sort of making sure I do keep the volcano and remind me of how I did it, same with the mountain (which currently the height is unknown... as for a lot of the things since this is an 'alpha' map), and also... people live in cold frozen wastelands... so nothing wrong with that XD

I will surely be adding some notable landmarks from the separate regions (Of course I'll need some help... cause it's been so long since I played a game that involved Kanto, so I can't think of one). I don't know what you mean 'mindless savages', the pokemon are also trying to kill them, there will be moments where the pokemon will stumble onto a camp/village and probably end up trying to kill everyone in hopes of gaining new territory, hunting for food, or simply out of plain fear. We're hunting pokemon to gain better equipment to survive... and also food... so don't say that we are just being savages, I'm trying to prevent that at least (of course... there still can be...). Lastly... I guess we can? I mean... I don't see why a group of people that are also needing to survive are trying to prevent the killing of pokemon... but hey, if someone wants to be that person or want that kind of group in here, not gonna stop them, I think it's obvious we'd be fighting to death with other people as well, there are bandits still... I may have an idea for this...

Well... I mean it'd still be weird to block with a sword if you are still using a sword... not to mention weapons will only be taking on one typing, as it will be solely used for attacking, however, if used to block (like if you had no shield), it will act as if it's a normal type. I will also be doing something with the typing of blocking, cause technically if you successfully block something... you won't be hurt at all... so that's currently WIP. And also... I have no idea how he could be turned into anything in all honesty, I can only think of what to do with his Alolan's form hair... so yeah... I got nothing XD
Beedrill
Beedrill

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:11 am

Well, by that I really meant...how do I frame this...

Do we see them as we see animals in the real world (a possibility to coexist but will kill if required) or Titans from Aot (need to be exterminated under all circumstances because any interaction leads to death)

Please no Alolan >w< Some forms look good, but others...like fluffin' Persian (oh god why ;-; ) were so horrendously ruined that I'm genuinely pissed at Nintendo. The last pokemon who had that bad of a design was, like, never! In any case.

A pseudo sign-up sheet would be awesome n-no I don't wanna start plotting my character not at all! Also, keep in mind that you don't know how successful this RP may be or how many people will join o3o Don't make it so that you put fluffloads of effort into it and it turns out to be inactive after 5 pages.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down