Pokémon Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pioneers

3 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Pioneers - Page 4 Empty Re: Pioneers

Post by Felix Leonis Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:26 am

"Heh, that's smart," Jiro exclaimed with a smile on his face, while passing a good cup of tea to Alice. "Some say that doing the Orange League before the other big leagues such as that of Kanto is probably the smartest thing to do, as it allows a trainer to think outside the box and come up with strategies none other would think of. As for what we'll be doing, we're probably going to continue our research here on the orange islands. There's a concern about the growing population of foreign pokémon in the region and Professor Oak was keen on seeing what these migrations could possibly do to the local flora and fauna. For instance, your Shellos is not a local pokémon, but one from sinnoh and there is already a noteworthy shellos colony near Navel island. I'd say it's worth checking out for the sake of knowledge."

Laura, who overheard the talk about the migration bent over the table, while trying to empty her mouth by swallowing the scrambled egg she was eating. "Those shellos are not the only foreign pokémon, right? Like isn't it true that the Legendary Crystal Onix of Sunburst Island has evolved into a diamond steelix?"

The female assistant of Jiro suddenly seemed interested in the conversation as well, shuffling her chair closer to the group. "Yes that's true, though steelix are no longer considered foreign pokémon after Oak's and Elm's discovery that we simply never saw them down here and in Kanto because they burry much deeper in the ground than any onix and are thus considered rare. However, there have been sightings of roggenrolas and Boldores as well. Oh, I so want to check out all these species and how they interact."

"So, as you can see Alice," Jiro smiled, while motioning his skitty to sit on his lap now that the little girl had finished her meal. "We all have our reasons to travel. Some want to study the pokémon, others like to train and battle with them, but we all love pokémon that is the important thing. Alas, I need to warn you girls as well. You've stopped Team Rocket and H.G.'s actions here, but by doing that, you're also a target for them now, so be careful. Ever since the rumors spread that the Rocket had risen back from the shadows, they've become vicious and well organized. All I want to say is, be careful and should you ever need some advice, just call me."

He took a pen from his vest and a small card out of his wallet and wrote two numbers on the card. One was labeled Jiro, while the other was labeled as Secret Police. "Only call the second number when you've been contacted. I have a friend working there, I'll make sure he meets you soon. Trust me, when dealing with these criminals, you'll need a safety net."
Felix Leonis
Felix Leonis
Tamer
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:48 am

Alice nodded along, listening intently. She apologetically smiled and handed off the tea to whoever wanted it, though, as she wasn't a fan. She preferred water, juices and some fizzy drinks than anything hot or just tea or coffee in general. "Pokemon can do all sorts of things with people, like act or build. But it's true-- I love you guys a lot!" She added, and while Gael behaved like that was a given, Farren seemed pleased and Sakina bashful about the whole thing. She was interested in knowing about foreign Pokemon, too, and did wonder if her Stunky counted as one of those as well.

When Team Rocket was spoken about, she visibly cringed. It was no doubt a good thing that they had come along to stop the fire and save all of those that they did, but life was different when it was not a game, and it was undeniable that Alice would be paranoid about having a target over her head. "Okay, no problem. And thanks for your number, Jiro, I'll call you." She added, teasing him with a flirtatious undertone and playful smirk, taking her Pokegear to add his details before he could take his mistake back. "I guess if you're studying around, we might run into you again, so we'll let you know our whereabouts." Alice added a lot more casually, setting the device down when the numbers were logged to continue grazing on food.
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Leonis Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:08 am

As soon as all was said and done, Laura and Alice had to say goodbye to the village head, though he wouldn't let them go without getting the promise of at least stopping by once in a while.

Jiro and his assistants already went to the small pier where they had their own boat, which was a repurposed fishing boat, loaded with various equipment and machinery necessary for studying the pokémon in the air and the water, but luckily also had all the necessary equipment to travel in moderate comfort.

"So Navel Island it is," Jiro laughed, pointing at the 'Mighty Magikarp' as it swayed on the calm waves of the moment. "We might as well enjoy our time on the way over there."

Laura seemed quite happy with the idea of traveling in a smaller boat with trustworthy people, but her main point of interest seemed to be the two large fishing poles at the back of the ship. "Hey Alice, wanna try some fishing while we're at it?"
Felix Leonis
Felix Leonis
Tamer
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:31 am

Alice had given her farewell to the villagers and the promise of her return, joining Laura and Jiro on the quaint boat that the researchers explored with. Releasing Gael so that he could frolic alongside the vessel, Alice bit at her friend's offer. "Sure, why not? My uncle loves fishing but I've never actually tried it for myself." Alice said, plopping herself down. Alice picked a lure from the box, figuring how to attach it before casting her line.
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Leonis Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:32 am

Uh Oh !!!:

With the two girls attempting to fish, Jiro had decided to keep the speed of the boat at a slow pace, just so that it wouldn't be made impossible for either of them to land a good haul.

After several minutes of waiting and hoping for something to happen, the most extraordinary thing happened and both Laura and Alice's poles started shaking heavily, obviously a hint that something was pulling the lines beneath the water and from the looks of it, it wasn't a small thing either.

(You get the choice to pull in or ignore...if you pull in, you can make it all flashy 'n stuff but no pokémon reveal unless you ask me via skype, ok?")
Felix Leonis
Felix Leonis
Tamer
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:36 pm

Alice already had a water Pokemon, so she couldn't say that they were a priority. However, it was impossible to ignore the aggressive shaking of the rod in front of her, or the curiosity coursing through her veins. "Oh my gosh, this is mental!" The trainer explained. Sakina looked a bit on edge, but Gael was nosy enough to have dived beneath the waves to sneak a peek. Using all of her might, Alice attempted to reel in her line, and she was pretty sure she'd feel it in her back tomorrow!
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Leonis Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:02 pm

The fishingpoles were shaking violently, with both of them going left and right in rather wide arcs simultanious it was obvious that some rather gluttonous pokemon had decided to take both baits and thus got hooked pretty easily.

While the shellos took some time to dive into the water and see what it was, both girls could see a massive shadow appear in the water, stretching out easily thirty feet in length. Excited by what was happening, all the others came on deck to look what was happening.

"Grab your pole, I'm grabbing mine," Laura yelled, quickly going for hers and doing her best to keep it steady. In the meantime Jiro quickly grabbed two ropes with hooks and bound Laura and Alice tightly around the waist to prevent them from being dragged off of the boat. "That's one violent fellow."

An instant after they were safely secured, Gael got back out of the water, screeching in both excitement and even a hint of fear could be detected. The choice was now Alice's: would she help Laura to reel in whatever was lurking beneath the foam of the waves?
Felix Leonis
Felix Leonis
Tamer
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:20 pm

Alice was holding on as best she could to her own pole, but being thrown around like that wasn't easy, and it was really hurting her. In the end, she let hers go in favour of grabbing onto Laura's, trying to aid her friend in pulling the Pokemon out of the water-- whatever it was. "I bet it's a Gyarados or something. This could be a really bad idea!" She pointed out. Or was it a Wailord? It was time to find out!
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Leonis Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:36 pm

With all the efforts of the two girls, securely strapped and bound to the boat, their prey finally emerged from the water and at first sight the question arrived: who was truly the prey?

In a spout of foaming water, a massive dragon-like, blue monster emerged from the water with a thunderous roar. As its massive head reared up, both lines snapped and the girls were now looking at a seriously angry Gyarados. All which Jiro could say at this point was: "Oh dear."

Laura however, seemed excited, as she left nothing to chance and asked her shellder to get ready. Not an instant later, the gyarados started to violently trash about, making the boat rock very hard and forcing its crew to hold on to anything for dear life. If that wasn't enough, the very sight of the Gyarados seemed to send shivers through Gael and Shellder.

Spoiler:
Felix Leonis
Felix Leonis
Tamer
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:53 am

Alice was not surprised when the Pokemon rose from the water, but she was nonetheless terrified. Her hands gripped desperately onto the railing, and at the soonest opportunity Alice withdrew Sakina. Her poison type had already propelled a stink bomb over the side and it was just the sensible thing to do.

Her Shellos was minute in comparison to the lengthy water dragon, but a gaze at her pokedex revealed that they might just have a shot. "Okay, Laura, time to help you get a Gyarados! Gael, use harden and then roxic! When it thrashes around, use it as an opportunity to ride the currents and propel yourself for return!"
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Leonis Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:32 am

Laura's shellder was the first to move, using tackle against the massive Gyarados, but it hardly seemed to bother it, tossing the poor shellder into the water with a single swing of its tail. Alice's shellos in the meantime seemed to be more confident, as it had grown in strength and had considerably more experience in battle than any of the girl's pokémon. After having faced those two arboks at the golden island and having witnessed the power of that Haxorus, this gyarados, though intimidating, was a lot less frightening to it.

Strengthening itself with harden, the shellos spat some very toxic liquid at the gyarados, but the toxic spit was swept aside by the violent waves the huge pokémon was producing while trashing about.

However, gael's return was successful in hitting the gyarados at the side, though the shellos was still affected by the effects of the gyarados' trashing and landed rather painfully upon the boat's deck.

Letting out a loud roar, the gyarados suddenly opened its maw and reached down, aiming to bite a piece out of the boat, preferably with the pokémon and trainers alike.

Spoiler:
Felix Leonis
Felix Leonis
Tamer
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:35 am

How people in this world handked roaring fires and giant dragons on a daily basis eluded Alice, to be honest. She could feel her blood sugars surging from the bittersweet mix of fear and adrenalinr, the two things keeping her from freezing up. There was nowhere to run from their mistake, so they had to fight

"Farren! Use rapid spin for momentum, and smack thay Gyarados in the mouth with a hard, protected tackle!" Alice ordered, unleashing another mighty little monster. The Pineco spun, the barrier around its cone glinting in the harsh sunlight as it went to tackle the Gyarados and send it off balance. "Gael, help him out with return!"
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Leonis Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:15 pm

With Alice's Pineco joining the battle, the Gyarados was certainly having more issues, especially given the fact that the Pineco's quick intervention prevented the huge pokémon from chomping down upon the boat, smacking its face with a powerful tackle and sending it reeling backwards. The Gyarados did not let up though, swinging its huge body around again as it started to trash about yet once more.

With the boat rocking heavily, Laura was quick to recall shellder now that Alice had brought out both of her big guns. The shellder was shivering and wet thanks to the unexpected dip in the sea, but quite alright. "Well...let's just see what Alice will do."

Spoiler:
Felix Leonis
Felix Leonis
Tamer
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:42 pm

Alice felt relief wash over her, but she knew that they weren't done yet by far. That Gyarados was way too crazy. "Just keep a Poke Ball ready, this one's for your collection." She told Laura, her hands beginning to really hurt from the yanking and rocking of the boat. Pineco was struggling to retain balance as a result, shooting out a string of silk to keep a safety rope. "Farren, get up high with rapid spin and use toxic! Gael, try to get its eyes with mud slap, and use return!" She told her duo, the pair of them setting off for their next barrage of attacks.
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Leonis Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:04 pm

"I'd love this one in my collection," laura screeched in joy, getting her pokéball ready, while Alice was still making sure her pokémon did their best to deal with the mighty Gyarados. As such, the Pineco whirled upwards using rapid spin, surprising the gyarados when a spurt of toxic liquid was shot at the mighty best, surely hurting it, as it lashed out in pain. However, Gael managed to divert its attention, but the mudslap somehow seemed to have little to no effect, but it gave enough distraction for Laura's shellder to enter the fray again and let out an icy ice wind which covered the gyarados' back with ice and snow.

"Now I'm going for it!!" Laura yelled, throwing a first pokéball, yet after two rolls, it broke open and gyarados came back out with its rage even greater than before.

Spoiler:
Felix Leonis
Felix Leonis
Tamer
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:52 pm

"Don't waste your Poke Balls like that! It's still going totally crazy!" Alice yelled out. Of course, the heavy poison would begin to wear the Gyarados down, and that was a relief, given that most of their attacks were only whittling this powerhouse down bit by bit. Still holding on for dear life, her Pokemon continued their assaults: Gael with his mud bomb and return, Farren executing his rapid spin to get close and gnashing away with pesky bug bites.
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Leonis Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:06 am

blushing a bit, Laura mumbled a few words in silence "Can I help it that I really would love to add this one to my team..."

Alice was right though, the gyarados' thrashing was becoming sluggish and his attacks were becoming a lot weaker. It was obviously starting to suffer under the constant attacks from the shellos and the pineco, each wittling down the massive pokemon's strength. At some point, the gyarados heaved over as it was hit by another of Farren's rapid spins.

Laura, excited to use this opportunity threw another pokéball...

One wiggle...
Two wiggles...
Three wiggles...

the light flickered on the pokéballs button before it stopped rolling, resulting in everyone on the boat cheering in joy and amazement.

"You were awesome Alice!!" Laura screamed, running over to Alice and instantly wrapping her arms around the blond girl. "I'm going to name this one Alec, as a tribute to your effort...if that's okay with you, I mean..."
Felix Leonis
Felix Leonis
Tamer
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:12 am

Alice was relieved when the ball sealed, the waves calming and the boat ceasing its violent rocking. Her heart was still pounding, and she jumped and laughed when Laura suddenly glomped her. "Thanks. It was my Pokemon and Shellder who did all of the work, though." She replied, hugging her friend back and beaming down at her tired team. Farren was very much ready for a nap (wasn't he always?). "Sure, feel free. That's very sweet of you, awwh!" Alice released Laura to look at everyone else, "Are we all okay? That was crazy!"
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Leonis Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:34 am

Jiro let out a deep sigh of relief, telling his two companions to restart the boat and continue to the Navel island while he walked towards Alice and Laura. "Well, given all the earlier excitement, I'm glad you guys dealt with that huge gyarados."

"I didn't do much, it was all Alice and her team," Laura was laughing loudly, almost prancing around with the pokeball containing the gyarados. "This one is perfect for my team...wait, are we close to the island?"

Jiro frowned a bit, looking at Alice and shrugging his shoulders for a moment. "Yes we are, we should be there in an hour at most. You guys get some rest and eat something in the cabin up front."
Felix Leonis
Felix Leonis
Tamer
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:47 am

[Gonna end this thread here if that's alright! Started a new one on Navel here.))
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum