Pokémon Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beginner

2 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Beginner - Page 2 Empty Re: Beginner

Post by MegaAbsol Tue May 31, 2016 2:04 am

(...Derp, really?)
(...I also didn't get the gold and purple ring reference ._.' I think...my brain is fluffed!)

Professor Ivy turned around as Alice spoke to her, a pokeball in hand. She stowed the sphere away, pushed her glasses up and sat down across Alice. "This may not be my field of research, but it is nonetheless a very intriguing one. I am in contact with the head researcher who delves in this field extensively, but might I ask why you would like to know?" The lady tilted her head in curiosity.

(As I type this, I really get the idea I'm missing something...hmm. If I remember, it might stretch the thread further :/ You're...fine with that, right? I mean, it's plot related...? ^w^' )
(GDI brain)
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Tue May 31, 2016 6:28 am

((Lol I am. Also Alice still needs a bunch of items. And the purple/gold ring reference links to how legebdary Pokemon can be found in ORAS - by putting their hand through a portal in certain areas.))

Alice's stomach felt like it was being ravaged by Butterfree, but she nonetheless went on. "I was wondering if there were any ideas about what those other worlds were like?" She asked, "If it's possible that a person could travel from one to the other... I mean, people have travelled through time thanks to Pokemon like Celebi and Dialga. So, shouldn't it be a possibility, in theory?" Her face was red at this point. Alice felt anxious. "Sorry, it's-- always been a fascination of mine."
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Tue May 31, 2016 6:39 am

(Ah. Not played ORAS yet. And right, the event shtuffs >> Hmm. Have Ivy give it? If you're too impatient :P)

Ivy slowly nodded as Alice proceeded to explain herself. "Yes. Even though space and time are inconceivable dimensions, they can be traveled in by bending them in certain ways. Humans are unable to do this yet, but certain pokemon like Giratina can create entirely new dimensions. That is, to say, a violation of the space-time continuum," She hitched her glasses up again, "Then again, there are theories of parallel realities," She waved with her hand, clearly not a believer of such a theory.

"Even a disruption, caused by excessive power, can cause new realities, sometimes black holes." She picked up some papers from the desk, looking at them idly, "Like the new subject, Hoopa. There are Gardevoirs, some Stantlers, and mostly powerful psychics. But most, if not all, of these dimensions are devoid of life. Even Palkia, creator of space itself, lives in a rip in the fabric of creation."
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Tue May 31, 2016 2:27 pm

Alice nodded her head, feeling discomfort when Ivy basically waved off her predicament. She glanced at Laura, attempting to be subtle, her eyes trying to convey that the truth of the situation was not something to be told to Ivy. She didn't want to seem crazy and lose her new toys and the Pokemon egg they had been trusted with. "I'm sure there are other realities, but maybe not necessarily parallel in the way we normally think of them. It's all a bit above human beings to comprehend, though, I think." She added, as an amicable close to the topic, "I love all of the lore and history and stuff, though, so thank you for that. I just wanted to know your perspective on it all." Alice glanced to her companion again, "Unless you have anything you needed, we could say our 'thanks' and see if we can get to Golden Island for tonight?"
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Tue May 31, 2016 10:43 pm

(Question: Alice has yet to receive the Sweet Hearts, Lava Cookies and Milk, right? (Mm, cookies and milk...))

Laura had been attentively listening for about half the conversation, but when Alice turned to her, she was distractedly staring out the door. She was shaken out of her thoughts as Alice spoke to her, and turned round with widened eyes, evident of surprise. "What? Oh, yeah. 'Hem. Yep, let's go." She got to her feet, nodding with a small smile at Ivy, who returned the gesture, and turned. "Here. I'll register myself in your Gear, in case anything comes up." Ivy offered to Alice.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Tue May 31, 2016 11:02 pm

((Alice needs her rare candies, hidden power TM, and the items you listed. Basically, event shizzle.))

Alice frowned when she realised that Laura had been ignoring her. She remembered not to take it to heart, given that the other woman obviously had a busy and haunted mind, but it felt hurtful given how important and critical this was to her very existence. "Thank you, I really appreciate it!" She handed over her Gear to Ivy, getting to her feet also, "I was wondering, do you mind if I say goodbye to Snorunt and Chinchou before we go? They were really super duper cute."
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Tue May 31, 2016 11:35 pm

"Snorunt and Chinchou?" Ivy looked surprised for a moment, "Oh, yes! The newly hatched charges! Quite the handful," A giant grin spread across the woman's face, and she quickly registered herself in the trainer's gear. "I have to return this anyway..." She beckoned to the two, and Laura followed, flashing Alice an apologetic grin. Now that she was back to attention, she was excited again to see the babies. Just as Ivy stepped out of the room, a flying Chinchou appeared! This time, choosing Ivy's leg for a target, it stuck on again, chewing on her labcoat edge. Ivy laughed uproariously and petting the excited little water type, released a Lanturn from the pokeball she carried. The apparent mother immediately barked at the younger individual, causing the electric fish to fall right off, and squishing on its parents head, began to chew on the contented Lanturn.

(I'm gonna draw this picture :3 Because eee sho cute <3)
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Tue May 31, 2016 11:44 pm

((Aww. xD))

Alice grinned, too, excited to see the Pokemon off. She followed the professor through to the main room, laughing as Chinchou sprung itself on the poor researcher, although she at least seemed better able to handle it than the aide. The sight of the Lanturn was delightful, too, and Alice crouched down and reached out to give the baby another pet. "We've got to go now, but it was nice to meet you." She told the little one sweetly, "Hopefully we'll see you again. It was nice to meet you, Snorunt!" She added brightly, unsure as to where the ice type hid.
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Tue May 31, 2016 11:56 pm

The Snorunt was nowhere in view, but were the surroundings getting colder? The ground under Alice's feet suddenly frosted up with brittling ice, causing her shoes to stick slightly to the ground, but was otherwise just very pretty. Ivy crossed her arms and chuckled softly, even as a ghostly arm lay on her shoulder. A Froslass. "Miyuki here is another form of spatial flux. Much like a Shedinja, who's fabled to steal the soul of anyone who looks in the hole in its back," She input something in the Gear, and a picture of the Bug type - or was it the exoskeleton of a Bug type? - showed up on the screen. She flipped it around the show Alice, "These guys basically harbor a black hole on their beings," She grinned.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:08 am

Alice looked down as her shoes stuck to the floor, eyes glancing up again as the Frosslass took form. She was fascinated, in awe of its beauty, even as Ivy tried to spook her with the truth of a Shedinja. "All of the Pokemon here are so gorgeous. I hope mine look so well one day." She confessed. "Shedinja sound pretty scary, though. i already have a Pineco, so I think they'll be one to avoid."

She went to collect the incubator as well, and before the duo could leave, an aide ran over with two bags, although one was slightly more filled than the other. The smell of food was distinct, and if one looked inside, they would find candies, cookies and chocolate, as well as a TM of hidden power for both of them. "I know it's not the traditional starter pack for a trainer, but a few of us came from a trip to Hoenn and came back with more goodies than we can get through. Careful the chocolate doesn't melt outside, though." They added with a chuckle. Alice beamed, peeking inside her bag and giving her gratitude before packing it away. The disc in particular would be useful.

"Okay, let's go, Laura. If we're lucky, we'll be able to get to Golden Island tonight." Alice said decisively, as way of a closing farewell. "Thanks for everything, Professor Ivy. I'll keep in touch."
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:34 am

The Professor smiled again, and waved as Alice and Laura exited. The aide they'd met first smiled after them, and turned back to his work, smile unfading.

~~

"Well." The two had stopped before the harbor, staring at the empty port. Laura had asked around, and it seemed the ship was...delayed. Laura declined a refund in favour of the first boat to Golden Island, but it wouldn't be for two days. "Well, at least we have vast expanses of beaches to rest on?" The woman carried her Shellder again in her arms, not dissimilar to how Alice carried the incubator.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:04 am

"Yeah, I suppose so... But we could end up missing whatever happens on Golden Island. And we'll need somewhere to stay." Alice pointed out. She shifted to the shade of a tree, setting the incubator down and releasing her Pokemon. Gael seemed particularly happy to see the seafront, although she made sure to apply the technical machine to them both first, and to use the Pokedex to gather their data. "But I should train or something so we're ready... Or look for more Pokemon! I'm sure Valencia Island must have some interesting critters to catch!"
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:18 am

Alice was right; the place was teeming with wildlife. Even from where they sat, some Psyduck were visible, in the company of some majestic Finneon, headed by one large Lumineon. The latter was glowing visibly, outshining the very sun in its radiance, attracting the attention of a Vullaby, who waddled up close. To their far left, roamed a lone Stunky, stopping to peek at the water, from which popped out a Horsea.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:29 am

Alice was in awe of all of the Pokemon that she saw, some of them unexpected in the Archipelago as far as she knew. She used her Gear to snap some pictures, her Pokemon snackjng on the rare candies in her bag. By the time they were done, Farren had eaten five and Gael had eaten only three, looking sulky to be outmatched.

"We should stay away from that Stunky. Things could get pretty gross. Although... It's kind of cute, and they can grow to be really strong and versatile." The young woman babbled, her water-type following its trainer's blue gaze. Farren had already begun falling asleep in the shade of the palm tree. Alice tried to imagine herself riding on the back of a fully grown Skuntank, of brushing and cuddling its fur and of petting a big cute nose. Despite the Vullaby wandering around, her decision had definitely been made, "Let's go and try to catch it," She said to Gael, carrying the little Shellos in her arms as well as the bag with the incubator. Alice decided to stop at a distance, albeit on the shoreline where the tide could water and cool her now bare feet (her shoes had been left by the sleeping bug). "Excuse me! Stunky-san? Could we maybe battle or play with you, please?" Perhaps she looked silly, but Alice was shy of getting close. If it fired off an attack at her, she'd probably smell bad for life!
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:51 am

(Ah, Nishy? xD Skuntank are only a meter tall, about the size of a dog. You can't ride it. And their scent lingers for about 24 hours but whatever :P)
(8 Rare Candies removed)
(Gael would have naturally learnt Hidden Power at level 16 anyway, and Pineco cannot learn Hidden Power Derp, my bad. This has been fixed)

Gael grew to level 16!
Farren grew to level 15!
Farren learnt Take Down!

The Stunky was visibly startled when Alice approached her, whipping around, and involuntarily firing off a Stench attack. Thankfully, its rear was facing away from Alice, but the poor Horsea got drenched! The Stunky was apparently a jumpy female, because when the enraged little dragon sprayed the dual type back with Water, she jumped and raced off into the forest. "Quick! Follow her!" Laura screeched, grabbing Alice's hand and pulling her along. A Stunky's Stench radius was about a mile, and the female was beginning to feel light-headed. But the Stunky wasn't rearing up on its hind legs to discharge another attack yet, so they were safe.

The PokeDex chose this most opportune moment to beep:

Beginner - Page 2 Stunky
Stunky: The Skunk Pokemon
It protects itself by spraying a noxious fluid from its rear. The stench lingers for 24 hours and spreads over a mile radius, driving Pokémon away.

(Follow it!~)

Last edited by MegaAbsol on Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:20 am

"Wait, Laura! My Pokemon and my shoes!" Alice yelped, detaching hefself from the other's grasp to return her Pokemon and swipe up her boots, which were not going to feel pleasant on sandy feet. She jogged to keep up, noticing her stamina was not what it used to be. Dimensional travel had surely wrecked her. "Please wait, Miss Stunky! We didn't mean to scare you, come back! We have food!" She added hopefully. The Pokemon reeked enough to make her eyes water, but she would surely be a worthwhile catch.
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:22 am

Laura paused just long enough for Alice to grab her necessities, never taking her eyes off the purple-and-black pokemon, fleeing into the undergrowth. The girls were, however, faster than the little skunk, and soon, the female found herself cornered and turned around, bristling, and at the same time visibly shaking.

(Sorry about this post @.@ So many things wrong with this: It's short, with little material. No muse, quite dumb really)
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:37 am

Alice was puffing for breath by the time they finally cornered the poor creature. She took several long swigs from her water bottle bdfore crouching down, plucking a sweet heart and lava coolie from one of her bag pockets and offering it out via an extended hand. "I'm really sorry that we scared you, Miss Stunky. I just thought you were a cool Pokemon and wanted to say hello! You can have this food to make up for the shock if you like?"
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:33 am

(Since the Heart is for plot purposes - you're pretty much meant to encounter and catch the Stunky if you wish anyway - Heart is not deducted.)

The Stunky caught the pervading sweet scent of chocolate, and stilled, eyes riveted on the little delicacy. With some hesitation, she stepped forward, carefully keeping both eyes on Alice, and with infinite care, took the proffered sweet from the girls without so much as touching her, although her breath and brush of soft fur could be felt. Quickly scarfing the unhealthy snack, she smiled up at Alice and rubbed the top of her head against the girls hand. Someone was easily won over by sweets. "Heh. Look at that. Kinda cute." Laura bent too, and fingered the adolescent's fuzz. A small rustle caught her attention for a second before she turned back to the two females; they couldn't have heard the sound anyway. The female was still young, possibly having left the nest not too long ago.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:37 am

Alice grinned, clapping her palm to the top of her other hand with delight. Very cautious incase too much scared her away, the girl also began to pet and scratch at the Stunky. "I was hoping that maybe you would like to join my team. I have a Shellos, Pineco and this egg, too - unless Laura wants it." She added with a pout. To be fair, her friend had been the one to find it. "Or that we could battle, at the least. You do seem like a real sweetheart." She explained, giving her a little scratch behind the ears.
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:35 am

Was the little canine purring? It was certainly looking very pleased, lips curling as much as they could. She even reared up on her hind legs to grab on to Alice's hand, nuzzling her fluffy little head. Quite the affectionate cutie. She didn't seem to keen on battling; in fact, she understood very little of what Alice was saying. As she was still young, spending the rest of her life with humans would eventually hone that skill. For the moment, she was glad to find sanctuary with the blonde-haired trainer. Amber eyes peered out from the undergrowth, and faded away just as silently as they had appeared.

(Let's go ahead and assume Alice catches her without further ado)

Spoiler:
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:51 am

Alice squealed with delight, reaching down to give the poison type an affectionate smooch on the bridge of her fluffy nose. That was an amazing feat in itself. She had dreaded the thought of encountering poison types, and on first impression, she had considered moving down the beach to avoid the Stunky in fear of being approached. Thank god she had made a different decision! "This is going to be so great! Perfect! I think I'll name you... Sakina." The human said, giving her a good scratch while rummaging through her bag. She eventually plucked from it a Heal Ball, which Alice bumped her on the nose to capture her with. It only rumbled a few times before falling idle, after which the new trainer jumped up happily. "I love being a Pokemon trainer, this is so fun! I already have three great Pokemon! We should definitely take a walk and see what else we can find, and then play or train with them before nightfall!"
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:13 pm

Laura's eyes were shining as Alice authenticated the capture, and she was more than eager to nod her approval to roaming around the beach. Besides pausing for a minute to talk to the disgruntled Horsea and offering her a handkerchief to wash off what the water couldn't, the girls roamed the beach stretch. The sea was resplendent in its glittering glory, and its surface was peppered with wild water pokemon, all peacefully enjoying the cooler part of the day. The Horsea seemed quite attached, even enamored, by the helpful Laura, and tagged along, floating along the waters edge, keeping pace with the two women. Occasionally they came about curious bits of sharp, clear objects, likely glass. It was questionable how it got there, as there were no traces of broken objects. Perhaps a powerful blast of fire had crystallized the sand.
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:38 pm

Alice skipped along beside Laura, Gael once again released so that he could soak and cool against the heat and frolic alongside his fellow water types. He seemed happy about the Horsea's company, too. "I was thinking, if I don't end up disappearing, I'd like to go to Mandarin Island. I'd love to see the capital city, you know? And I want to do the gyms, too, when we're ready." She explained eagerly. Of course, it was all very optimistic and dreamlike. Alice had no idea what awaited them on Golden Island, or how her fate might twist and turn if there was a life beyond that stop. "You should capture that Horsea, though. She seems to like you, and I'm sure it'll be okay if Sakina apologises." When she began to catch sharp objects with her feet, the hobbyist ballerina began to tip toe, and then decided to roll up her leggings and walk slightly deeper in to avoid it. "People are so shit sometimes. Pokemon could get hurt by that stuff. I need to go clothes and make-up shopping, too. Shorts, skirts and sandals. Crop tops. Dresses. This heat is destroying me."
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaAbsol Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:40 pm

Laura giggled, "Clothes and make-up shopping?" She nodded, smile unfading, "Agreed, it really is too hot. Wanna go sit inside somewhere?" Even though this was the latter end of the fading day, the sky lit up with a peachy shade, the heat was pressing, and the reluctant Horsea had to retreat to the deeper and cooler parts of the ocean. It waved with its tiny fin, mimicking Laura; they'd meet again the other day. Most pokemon were retiring for the day, making their passage back to civilization impediment-free. As they passed by, Laura shot a worried glance at where the Stunky had finally whirled around and faced the duo, but quickly waved it off. The lapping waves of the water body washed away the sharp glass, and all was well.

(Time skip?)
MegaAbsol
MegaAbsol
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum: