Pokémon Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just throwing this out here

3 posters

Go down

Just throwing this out here Empty Just throwing this out here

Post by Felix Leonis Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:30 pm

Hey dear Admins,

I know I'm still a greenhorn here and haven't exactly made myself likable in any way, (not to mention that this won't be helping that either) but I was wondering if you could be so kind to at least tell us that you're not going to be active and at least formulate a little reason as to why (holidays, personal life, the works...). I have seen you all lurking about, know that you've been on every day and frankly, that's frustrating and even highly annoying.

So plz, do at least keep us a bit informed, so that we regular players don't have to worry all the time.

thank you kindly,

FL

Felix Leonis
Felix Leonis
Tamer
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Just throwing this out here Empty Re: Just throwing this out here

Post by Avaritia Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:06 pm

An Ava List of Ava Things That Need to be Done Within Two Weeks:

• Create and code a state-engine based game with a group of two other people containing kinimatics, physics changes, graphics, and a playable point system and goal. Worth 50% of Ava's grade.
  • Write a 4ish page paper containing Ava's contributions to said game and explain design choices.
  • Write a two page paper about community service.
  • Write a 4,000ish word digital portfolio about a global issue, its impact, its context, two things that can be done about it, and which action is the most likely. Among other subjects about the issue.
  • Study for a Discreet Mathematics final.
  • Analyze a discreet mathematics proof, define all terms involved, define all symbols involved, create a set of graphics/gifs of all steps being demonstrated visually, and understand the workings of what the proof is trying to say.
  • Write an English analysis and reflection about the course and technical writing. Also make a Linkedin profile, apparently.
  • Write an essay about Ava's experiences as a peer mentor as well as continue doing peer mentor-y things.
  • Work on a personal project in order to maintain sanity. Also work on a personal project meant as a Christmas gift.
  • Forget what sleep is.
  • Lurk on Genesis, wishing Ava could post but needing to put other crud first.
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

https://pokemongenesis.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Leonis Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:33 am

that wasn't hard was it?

at least not as hard as all the other stuff you're supposed to do, sheesh that's a list comparable to the wishlist of a ten year old on christmas.
Felix Leonis
Felix Leonis
Tamer
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:24 pm

Ngl, that 'wasn't hard, was it?' comes off as condescending and makes me want to bash my head into a wall, but I'll continue. I best post here now since I've just replied to my own thread, and therefore people who catch on will undoubtedly be riled.

It's a mixture of things, tbh, but all of it has led me to feel burnt out. On top of my general health, I'm catching one thing after another bc lol immune system, and on top of that needing to work close to full time hours when possible while job hunting and attending other responsibilities. My mental health is not the soundest, and as much as I want to mod for everyone, I just can't. I just don't have the inspiration or the motivation to do so when life is so fucked atm. I want to role play because it's my outlet and I love it, and I would mod for everyone if I could-- all of the members from the old site probably know that. However, with everything I'm going through, I don't feel up to much more than my own story and background stuff like approvals and whatnots. There is a Christmas event to put up, while I'll do if nobody else does-- but it's a case of stress, burden and avoidance currently.

The site will not die. The members just need to understand that most of us staff are adults with busy lives. The site will thrive and survive if everyone lets it-- I know bc I'm a member of a Pokemon site with mostly adults in the community, and through all the quiet periods it keeps going just fine nonetheless. I'm honestly not sure if our community is capable of managing that without impatience or negativity from past experiences, but we can see and hope. I'll do what I can, when I can, and hope this lull for me personally comes to an end soon.
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Leonis Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:46 pm

I was implying that just...giving the non-staff players a heads up wasn't so hard, after all it had been about a week and a half of complete silence from staff, which as I tried to show, could've been solved in just taking a minute of your time to at least comfort us "regular" players that the site wasn't dead and you just had some other stuff going on.

so, thank you for reacting as well, Alice. I think it is much appreciated, not only by myself, but also by the others that you've taken some of your time to give us a heads up.
Felix Leonis
Felix Leonis
Tamer
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down