Pokémon Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friend or Foe?

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Friend or Foe? Empty Friend or Foe?

Post by Alekion Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:55 am

Dusk came quickly with days growing shorter and colder. The air was brisk, the sound of waves lapping at the shoreline. Cherrygrove was a peaceful place, it didn't have much beyond a Pokémon Center and a small mart but the location was fantastic. It sat right near the sea, ferry services often available to Alto Mare. Jenni was a bit broke to be thinking of a vacation already, though. Perhaps she would come back through after she'd built up a more cushioned bank account. For now she could at least enjoy the sights and sounds. Though there was a lot of through traffic during the summer season, it wasn't nearly as busy this time of year.

Jenni strolled into town, the smell of the sea water assaulting her senses as a hoothoot flew overhead. Rini had fallen asleep as they walked, tuckered out from her first battle. Jenni was carrying her in her pack, her green hair and red horn poking from the open flap. With each step Jenni took, the Pokémon bobbed against her new trainer in blissful slumber. Had it been a warmer season, Jenni would have taken the opportunity to sit at the beach in the moonlight. However, as it was the air was far too cool for her liking. She shivered, temperatures dropping as did the sun.

She glanced around for an inn or anything, her eyes landing on the familiar warmth of a red roof. "I'm sure the Pokémon Center can put us up for the night. They shouldn't be too busy in the off season like this," Jenni spoke aloud, though her partner couldn't hear her at the moment. She hummed lightly, smiling down to her Pokémon before she made her way to the Center. She would be able to get a good night's rest, hopefully a meal and hot shower as well. She knew they would have medicine for Rini after her battle as well, it was the prime place for any trainer to go. Especially broke ones like Jenni.

A two toned melody rang as the doors slid open to the lobby. Jenni stepped in, approaching the counter quietly as she took it all in. It was a Pokémon Center just like any other, but this was her first time being in one as an official trainer. Everything felt new and exciting. Though she knew the feeling would fade, she decided to just revel in it while she could. It was relatively quiet inside, most people turning in for the night. There were a few trainers scattered about, a bot with a bug net back by the PC storage system. She figured he was probably about to go out looking for some night-only bug species found in the area. Jenni wasn't really interested in catching spiders though, a comfy bed and an early start sounded better for this occasion.

After having the nurse heal up Rini, who was reluctant to wake for treatment, Jenni managed to procure a room to sleep in. They were all set up with multiple beds in each room for the busy nights, but she seemed to be one of the few staying there this night. She brushed her teeth after changing into a pair of comfortable pajamas, and tucked the two of them in together. Laying there, she felt Rini's light breathing and for a moment felt overwhelmed with excitement. She hugged the Ralts a bit tighter, nuzzling in and letting herself drift to sleep.

The sun peeked through the blinds early, the ruckus of other trainers starting their day causing Jenni to groan. She always talked big, but when it came to doing things she was a bit of a slacker. Jenni, Jenni wake up! It's morning! Rini said excitedly, nudging her trainer's face lovingly. Jenni on the other hand was less than enthusiastic about it, letting out a groan as she allowed one eye to haphazardly peek open at her Pokémon.

She grabbed Rini, pulling her in close in a forced cuddle. "C'mon, just 30 more minutes," Jenni complained as Rini struggled to wiggle free of her partner's grasp. Jenni groaned again, prying herself up, hair a mess as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes. "Okay fine, I'm up, I'm up," the young woman huffed. "Let me get groomed, then we can go ahead and get some breakfast, okay?" The question was met with a silent smile from the psychic Pokémon.

After a hot shower, Jenni carefully dried her hair, pulling it up into a messy bun with a few fly aways. Pulling on a turquoise shirt and some jeans, Jenni chatted with Rini about what they could have for breakfast. She wasn't sure what the cafeteria would have, but she assumed the basics would be covered. "I'd kill for some bacon and eggs on toast right now," Jenni said, her stomach rumbling at the thought. A smaller gurgle was heard from Rini as well, the two having missed dinner the night before. "Right then, we should probably get going," Jenni said, packing up the few things she'd pulled from her bag and strewn about the place.

They made their way to the cafeteria, Jenni having Rini sit on her satchel again as they traveled. The smell of food wafted in the air, causing them both to salivate in anticipation. More than anything though, this was Jenni's first chance to socialize with other Pokémon trainers! Then again, she was a bit bad at the whole socializing thing. It was difficult when you didn't think of yourself as a normal person. She took a deep breath, stepping in and grabbing a tray to take down the line. She picked up any essentials that went well together, some OJ to wash it all down and a small bowl of pokéchow for Rini. After paying at the register, Jenni took a look around to see what kinds of characters she got to choose from today. It shouldn't be so hard, they at least had to like Pokémon, right? Besides, if it didn't go well it wasn't like she had to deal with them anyway, she would be leaving this town soon as was to move forward in her Pokémon Journey after all.
Alekion
Alekion
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Friend or Foe? Empty Re: Friend or Foe?

Post by Avaritia Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:20 pm

Either to Jenni's happiness or to her dismay, she hadn't needed to look for anyone for long. After all, it was her approached by someone rather than her approaching them. As her gaze traveled across the room, someone caught it and didn't waste time to approach the trainer and her Ralts. He was a shorter height compared to most his age, though lean and well groomed. His "messy" brown hair was clearly perfectly styled to look as if he effortlessly got out of bed with such an appearance. In reality, he probably spent plenty of time getting it to look perfectly imperfect. His clothes, too, were carefully arranged for style. Despite the casual appearance of most of the Center's patrons, he wore a dark suite in pristine condition. Not a stray hair clung to the dark exterior and the accenting reds of his tie and undershirt were matched perfectly to make a fluid balance between the red and black. In his hand was a single red rose.

His chocolate colored eyes matched his hair, and they fell on Jenni's own. The corner of his lips turned up, and if eyes could sparkle, his clearly would at the moment. He closed the distance between them and extended a hand and offering Jenni the rose he had been holding while his smile extended into a wide, charming grin. "Do mine eyes deceive me, or have we not met before?" he asked, "It's a travesty, to not have felt the embrace of your gaze until now." As he spoke, a something on his shoulder shifted, bringing a green Pokemon resting on top of it into focus. It was a Chikorita, seemingly rolling her eyes at her trainer's antics with a huff of annoyance. She appeared small, a runt compared to most of her species, and the leaf extending from her head had a notch removed from it as if a bug type or some other Pokemon had taken enough of a bite that it couldn't grow the portion back.
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

https://pokemongenesis.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Alekion Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:41 am

Immediately regretting everything, Jenni was trapped now. The guy was handsome in a generic princely-type way, but his ego could be seen from a mile away. She tried not to be judgmental when it came to appearances, but she couldn't help but cringe thinking about his likely popularity. Worse yet, he was hitting on her? It had to be a trap, Jenni was just too plain looking to attract the attention of anyone really. At least she was in her own mind. Her brow quirked in a mildly disgusted manner, she wanted to just go sit in the corner by herself now, but she did tell herself to socialize.

Rini perked up at the sight of another Pokémon. Jenni, what kind of Pokémon is that? Rini asked her trainer telepathically. She was curious, but wary of the other Pokémon. She peeked over one of Jenni's arms carefully to get a better look. The grass type atop the young man's shoulder also drew Jenni's attention.

"Hmm? Oh, a uh-Chikorita I think, right?" Jenni spouted, not even thinking of how one-sided a conversation with her Pokémon was. "Oh um...sorry, I'm Jenni," Jenni trailed mildly uncomfortable by the situation. She wasn't honestly sure of how to deal with the rest of what he said, so she silently pretended it never happened.

"Well, I'm just gonna go ahead and sit down to eat..." Jenni said, taking a step back to turn around the stranger. She clutched her tray a bit, the situation setting her on edge as she began to walk toward an empty table to sit at. The sooner she finished her food, the sooner she could get out of there.
Alekion
Alekion
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:08 pm

"Why yes~" the man hummed, assuming the somewhat unsure-toned statement Jenni had made in response to Rinni's silent question was aimed toward him. The strange delivery, and the rather weird statement to respond to an introduction to didn't seem to phase him in the slightest. The cocky half-smile he sported remained firmly in place. "This little beauty is Starlet, and she is the method to my madness, one of the fairest ladies in my life," he paused for a moment to wink at Jenni, "second only to you, of course."

Starlet herself wasn't taken aback or offended by the statement, she had clearly heard words of similar caliber spoken many, many times before. Instead, she smiled toward Rini and gave the Ralts a friendly nod and an apologetic glance. One lone Pokemon could only do so much to stop the might of a trainer like hers.

"My name is Rael. It's the greatest pleasure to meet you, Jenni." A wry look suddenly took over as a thought popped into his head. "Oh, my. No wonder I was taken for your charm so quickly. To happen across a 'white enchantress' to put me under her spell. If only we all could be so lucky." He hadn't been phased by her stumbling, and didn't make an effort to explain the reference he had made so effortlessly. As she turned and walked away, he took a step back as well. It was only then did he actually notice that Jenni was displaying signs of discomfort because of him.

"Why of course, enjoy your meal! And, say, I'd hate for this to be our final encounter. Sitting alone's no fun, but I can't stop you. So, how's about this instead: let me be your friend. Even if you say no, Starlet and I won't give up. A pretty face like yours isn't something I can live without for too long, after all." He gave a half wave and walked back toward the group he had been with before. He hadn't waited for an answer, perhaps as a way of preventing one he didn't want to hear. Although he was leaving her be for now, he had made it clear that it wouldn't be the last time the two met. They were both new trainers starting their journeys, after all.
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alekion Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:24 am

Though the stranger left Jenni alone, the relief was mild at best. His words and actions had left her on edge and apprehensive. Was he going to stalk her? She wasn't sure as she poked at the yolk of her egg with a fork. The golden liquid oozed from its fried shell, pouring down and onto the plate to mingle with the bacon. Sighing, Jenni decided it was best to not think about it at all and just move on with her life. She took a slice of toast, mopping it through the mess on her plate before taking a large bite out of it.

Mouth still full of food and masticating, Jenni turned to her companion to speak. After a couple hard chews and a loud swallow of juice, the girl began. "So Rini, today we can start training together, you excited?" It was quiet at the table, uncomfortably so for Jenni. She had always grown up with conversation at the dinner table even if she rarely participated herself. "Maybe we'll even find a Pokémon to catch," she added, taking another bite of her food.

"Umm Jenni, what was with that guy?" Rini asked instead, seeming to have not heard Jenni at all. The Pokémon nibbled on a kibble of pokéchow held cutely between her tiny hands. "He spoke really weird, I think he likes you. The reality of the situation was, Rini would know all truths already. Her species' ability was to be able to read the emotional state of others.

There was a pause as Jenni stared into her plate for a moment. It was silent and still, Rini looking up to her trainer curiously. She could tell there was a flux of emotions, and it intrigued her. "Never mind him, he was nothing but a stranger. Let's just eat so we can get on the road," Jenni stated, quickly shoveling one of the last few bites into her mouth. Rini smiled, looking back down to her bowl and eating quietly for the remainder of the meal.

Upon the quick finish of their breakfast, Jenni quickly cleared the table and returned the trays to the kitchen before heading out the front door. Rini latched onto Jenni's purse, she sat astride it like riding side saddle. The duo stepped from the center, the sun shining brightly. It was a relatively nice day, where if you were brave you could get away without a jacket. Jenni took her chances, sticking to the light long sleeved top, tucking away a sweatshirt in her bag for later. Jenni looked down to her utility belt, the slots for her team of Pokémon remaining empty. That was it, Jenni had a goal for the day.

"Alright Rini, today we find you a friend to take with us, what d'ya say?" A fire ignited in Jenni's eyes, she had realized that the young man who approached her earlier also only had one Pokémon. She assumed so at least, so in her mind's eye if she could catch even just one Pokémon before him, perhaps she could feel accomplished. "Other trainers are my rivals, right? We're all just in a giant competition after all" Jenni went on talking as they headed down the path leading north from town. It was supposedly the best way to get to Violet City from there, and there was a Pokémon Gym in the city. "If we can catch another Pokémon and get that badge, then I'll be a real trainer," Jenni said, staring down to her fist in thought.

Rini merely looked up to her trainer thoughtfully, sighing softly. She could tell Jenni she was already a real trainer, but the only person who could convince Jenni of that was Jenni herself. Rini could already tell this about her new master, so she decided she would help her in any way. If you want to catch a Pokémon, you should rustle around in the tall grass a lot. I also heard some Pokémon like caves and ponds, Rini suggested, remembering overhearing some conversations between her old master and other trainers.

Jenni hummed lightly to herself in contemplation, "I guess you're right. I can't just expect everything to just walk into my life, sometimes you just gotta go out and find it on your own." Even if that meant disappointment, that's what Jenni was thinking. She was the kind to get easily discouraged and give up when things didn't go as planned. She hurried forward along the path, making sure to rush through tall grasses to make plenty of noise. If nothing fruitful came of it, she would head a bit north to the mouth of a cave. A dark, scary cave sounded like the right kind of place to catch a tough Pokémon, after all.
Alekion
Alekion
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:54 pm

The rustling grass did a lot to call attention toward Jenni and Rini. Although, many different sorts of attention. Most Pokemon scurried away from the noise or simply looked up in irritation, though none approached the two enough for a true battle. A handful of Rattata and Sentret skittered past in a hurry, fading in only a blur of speed before an attack could be so much as called even if the two wanted to.

There were a few Pidgey as well, that simply took to the air in a huff and moved elsewhere. They wild population were all-too familiar with Trainers and their Pokemon disturbing their territories and none particularly wanted to battle... that is, until an angry cry called out in challenge toward the two.

Standing not too far from the pair was a Larvitar looking mighty irritated. She had her small clawed hands on her hips and a scorned look on her face. Her eyes were narrowed, and a growl was rumbling in her throat, although it could almost be mistaken for a purr. In fact, despite the rock type trying her best to look intimidating, it came off as cute rather than terrifying. It was clear that she was inexperienced in brute behavior and was pretty far from a Larvitar's usual territory. Although, with no noticeable trainer around and the ease in which the wild Pokemon moved around her, it was likely that she was still wild... as well as wildly away from home!

Friend or Foe? 246
Pokémon: Larvitar
Ability: Guts
Level: 4
Moveset: Bite, Leer, Stomp [EM]
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alekion Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:16 am

Whenever Jenni caught glimpse of a Pokémon, she would feel her heart skip a beat. The adrenaline pumped through her, fueling her with a heightened sense. Even so, she wasn't fast enough to keep up with the fleeing Pokémon. As they drew closer to the cave, Jenni began to grow more discouraged. "Ugh, we'll never catch anything like this," Jenni groaned, slowing her pace just before she heard the tiny cry. Her eyes shot over to the small green Pokémon, body freezing as she stared dumbfounded.

Rini hopped down from her perch, jumping between Jenni and the Larvitar to protect her trainer. Jenni dug through her satchel, whipping out her PokéDex. She flipped the screen open, using the camera to scan the field in front of her. The dex quickly brought up an entry, an electronic voice reading the passage aloud.

"Larvitar, the Rock Skin Pokémon. Larvitar is born deep under the ground. To come up to the surface, this Pokémon must eat its way through the soil above. Until it does so, Larvitar cannot see its parent's face."

"Larvitar, huh? So it looks like you belong in the mountain. You must have found your way down here from Route 44," Jenni said, more to herself than the wild Pokémon. She closed the dex, sliding it back into her pack as she stared the Larvitar down. "It looks like we woke her up from a beauty nap," Jenni said with a smirk, trying to hide her excitement. It would be the perfect time to catch her first wild Pokémon.

"Alright Rini, let's start with your Confuse Ray!" Jenni felt pumped after winning her first battle, confidence welling in her. Even so, it was obvious she took from the last battle by opening with the status move. The small psychic stepped forward, tilting her head up to catch Larvitar in her gaze, eyes red as she unleashed her psychic power on the enemy!
Alekion
Alekion
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:17 pm

Friend or Foe? 280  VS. Friend or Foe? 246
Rini: 100% - No Status - No Stat Changes
Larvitar: 100% - Confused - No Stat Changes

The Confuse Ray slammed into the huffing Larvitar with keen accuracy, and it wasn't too long until her vision started drifting and changing, making her movements dizzy and disorientated. The Confusion had taken effect, but that wasn't going to deter the wild Larvitar. Instead, she took a moment to shake her head to try and clear it with force, and for a brief moment, gained clarity. She charged at Rini with gaping jaws that revealed teeth glowing with a dark energy and forming into sharp looking blades. A Bite attack, though luckily not super effective due to Ralts's Fairy typing. For the moment her head was clear enough to aim properly, but it wouldn't last for long. The Confusion was still in full swing, and did its part in at least slowing the Larvitar's stumbling movements.
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alekion Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:24 pm

It was evident that the confusion had set in as even Jenni could notice a sudden difference in the way the enemy carried itself. "Alright, good job!" Jenni called out as the Larvitar did her best to recover. "Now-" Jenni began an order, but was cut off as Larvitar quickly began running toward Rini. It was awkward and sloppy, but the teeth looked fierce. "Look out!" Jenni called, only hoping Rini had noticed before she called it out. There was only so much time to prepare oneself to an oncoming attack, after all.

Rini, who was rather satisfied with the effect her ability had on the foe, hadn't been quite paying attention. The memory of her previous battle had already faded, and thusly the reminder to pay close attention. At Jenni's cry, Rini quickly snapped out of her delusions of grandeur, trying desperately to leap out of the way before Larvitar could strike. Alas, she was spared with only a passing graze. It seemed as though for a moment, the trainer and Pokémon's hearts beat synchronized from the adrenaline.

"You alright, Rini!?" Jenni shouted, fighting the urge to rush in and coddle the Ralts. Rini herself hissed a bit at the scratch, a flood of awareness washing over her. Getting hit was unpleasant, that much was for sure. Still, she knew it would hurt less the stronger she got, and this was how she got stronger! Glaring at her opponent, Rini nodded silently to ensure Jenni that she wasn't in imminent danger. "Alright then, use your Confusion attack!" Jenni barked the order as though she'd done it a dozen times before, though this was her first time truly being a trainer.

Rini was prepared for the command, having such a small repertoire of moved to choose from. It seemed now it was time to inflict some damage. Right! Rini replied telepathically, glaring at the foe with eyes aglow. She hoped the telekinetic powers would work, trying to envelope Larvitar with her mind.

Last edited by Alekion on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Alekion
Alekion
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:16 pm

Rini: 94% - No Status - No Stat Changes
Larvitar: 62% - Confused - No Stat Changes

Larvitar hissed in annoyance as she felt her jaws only barely graze the Ralts's fragile body. Due to her own momentum as well as the dancing streaks across her vision causing her dizziness from confusion, she stumbled. This falter was enough to throw her off balance and fall easy prey to the incoming Confusion. Crying out, the Larvitar glared in Rini's direction and let out a ferocious snarl. Unfortunately for her, however, the confusion drove her aim amiss. She sped forward with a vile intent of Stomping Rini in revenge, but instead slammed into a very ill placed tree stump into a sudden and painful halt. Larvitar had hurt herself in her confusion, enough to leave an opening for Rini to strike once more!
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alekion Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:43 am

Jenni's heart thudded as everything seemed to be falling in place. The confusion was working beautifully, but the Larvitar still looked a bit spry to be trying to capture. If it had been a naturally weaker Pokémon such as a Caterpie she might have risked the pokéball, but this was not the case. Larvitar and their line were notoriously rare and powerful, she would need to weaken it a bit more. Knowing well that Rini was low level, with a limited movepool, Jenni did the only thing she could.

"Good Rini, now use Growl, then Confusion once more!" She hoped weakening Larvitar not only in health, but physical prowess would aid in the capture. Rini nodded, complying with her new partner.

Right! It was anything to please for the time being. She took the foe into her sights, inhaling deeply before letting out an intimidating, albeit cute growl. She continued to move, hoping to continue using Larvitar's confused state to her advantage before she began to radiate a psychic aura, trying to envelope Larvitar once more in her Confusion.

Last edited by Alekion on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Alekion
Alekion
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Avaritia Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:04 pm

Rini: 94% - No Status - No Stat Changes
Larvitar: 10% - No Status - Attack -1

Larvitar was desperate. She heard the viscous growl, felt its crippling effects as her attack power diminished. Her own spinning head had left her vulnerable, and the Confusion did a number on what remained of her health. There was a small victory, however, as the confused status began to fade from her mind, leaving her head clear and her emotion wrathful as she turned to fight with what little strength she had left. Even in these dire odds, the Larvitar would not give up. Rearing back, she roared with a ferocious challenge and jumped into the air toward Rini. One of her legs began glowing with a white energy and she reared down toward the Ralts, trying to put her might into a devastating Stomp attack!
Avaritia
Avaritia
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alekion Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:50 am

Everything was going according to plan. The Larvitar was visibly weakened, and seemed fairly close to fainting. This was Jenni's opportunity to capture it, the young woman swiftly making for the mesh pocket on her bag. She snagged one of the handful of empty pokéballs, pressing the center button as she drew it to her side. It expanded in her palm as she looked back to the battle. She would need to carefully aim.

Jenni's eyes widened a bit, heart jumping as she saw the powered up move coming down to land across Rini, sending her reeling back. The physical move did critical damage to the psychic type, a cry of pain escaping and permeating Jenni's consciousness. She nearly dropped the pokéball, quickly clutching her head. She felt a flurry of emotions, panic, despair, she wasn't sure they were all even her own.

"Rini, are you okay?!" Jenni was more alert than ever, adrenaline pumping through her. Her frail partner slowly pushed herself off the ground, grunting slightly. Silently the Pokémon nodded, keeping her eyes on the foe. She hadn't expected such a powerful move at this level.

Jenni's eyes darted back to Larvitar when she was given the okay. If she captured her successfully, it would end the battle for all of them. Then she would be able to get them fixed up at a Pokémon center. She rotated the pokéball between her thumb and forefingers like a softball, rearing her arm back before thrusting the ball at the green Pokémon. She hoped her aim was true, and that she had weakened it enough.
Alekion
Alekion
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:57 pm

The Poke Ball was thrown, knocking into the weak creature and swallowing it up into a blinding white light. The sphere plopped into the grass, rocking violently with the Larvitar's obvious stubbornness. It looked almost as if it would break free, before there was an audible 'boff!' and the Poke Ball was idle. Jenni had succeeded in her first official capture, and the pair could definitely feel proud of themselves! What would Jenni name her new friend?

Rini gained four exp, which mean's she's leveled up and learned double team! Sweet! There's also a happiness boost which the narrator will definitely add in when it's not 3am and she's not lazy wow! Such adventure!
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alekion Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:41 am

Time seemed to slow to a near halt as the red and white orb rolled from Jenni's finger tips. When it clipped the green critter she nearly gasped in surprise, her heart jumping a bit as it fell to the ground and began its battle. At last it came to rest, Jenni's whole body buzzing as she walked forward with shaky legs to the still capsule to pick it up. She was awestruck, really, her first captured Pokemon, and a Larvitar to boot! She scooped it up, admiring the ball for just a moment before she turned her attention to Rini.

"Rini, we did it!" Jenni exclaimed, holding out the new capsule for her partner to see. Rini herself looked fairly scuffed up from the battle. "You feeling okay, Rini?" Jenni showed clear concern for her partner, pressing the latch to minimize the ball and attaching it to her belt. "Do you need a potion? I think I have some-"

I'm fine, Rini responded before Jenni could even get into her satchel. We should save those for emergencies, I just need to rest... Rini's voice seemed to trail off, the youngster staggering into Jenni's arms before falling asleep.

"Must have tuckered herself out, I should set up camp for now," Jenni spoke softly to herself as she glanced around. She was more than aware that the sun was quickly setting. She found herself a nice flat spot and set up her tent as Rini slept on her pouch. Once she was all set up with a sleeping bag, she carefully moved the Ralts and the rest of her belongings into the tent and zipped it up from the outside world. "I guess this road was a little longer than I thought..." Jenni mused, trailing off to sleep with Rini in her arms.

The wind howled against the tent that night, only perpetuating the dark images Jenni could see in her sleep. Restless, she could feel herself running, feel despair and fear as she slept. Then there was a warm light, a beacon of hope in the darkness. Jenni, it's okay, Rini's voice permeated the fog, Jenni slowly opened her eyes to see the small Pokemon by her side, gently stroking her hair.

"Rini..." Jenni muttered, slowly pushing herself up and rubbing her eyes. The inside of the tent was dimly lit, indicating the sun had come up outside. "Did I oversleep?" the young woman stretched her arms over her head, giving her scalp a quick scratch to help wake her up. "Sorry about that. Let's go find a stream to wash up then we'll head out again, alright?

Rini smiled, nodding to her master's suggestion. She appeared to be feeling a bit better. She knew it was no substitute for a Pokemon Center, but Pokémon could still recover naturally a bit. As Jenni broke down the small pop tent, Rini drug the pieces to the bag for storage. It was mildly entertaining, since Ralts weren't known for their physical prowess, Rini dragging small pieces such as the ground stakes along. Jenni smiled at the sight, gathering the rest of her artifacts along with Rini, who was delicately placed on her 'saddle'.

About thirty minutes into their walk, Rini spotted a pond that appeared to be spring fed. Jenni pulled out a small test strip to check the water's purity, but Rini had already dunked her head beneath. Jenni sighed, though inside her heart was still light. She shook the strip, the water seemed to be fit for human consumption. She was just glad they weren't near a big city with a lot of pollution. Jenni filled up a few drinking bottles before filling a jug to use for food and wash.

"Be careful, Rini. Don't go too deep, there are probably a lot of wild Pokémon around here," Jenni said, setting up a small fire pit to cook some rice. She placed a small, foldable grate over the small flame, a portable pot filled with rice and water bubbling on top. Jenni slipped behind a bush to quickly strip down to her undergarments and splash herself with water. She dumped the remainder over her long locks, sending a chill through her. The air was cold enough as is, but spring water was even colder! She let out a small yipe, quickly grabbing her towel to dry off.

"Man, I really should have heated up the water first..." she complained, shivering to the bone as she moved to quickly put her clothes back on. "Rini, food should be done!" she called as she finished slipping on a long sleeved shirt. The Ralts quickly headed over as the two sat beside the fire, Jenni serving the rice into tiny wooden bowls. "I know it's not pokéchow, but it's what we have for now," the girl was aware it wasn't the most nutritious, but it would keep them filled until they could get to the next city.

Jenni, I think there's a house just up the road, Rini telepathically told her partner. Jenni seemed surprised at this revelation, hand instinctively moving to pull out her map and bumping the new capsule at her side.

"Huh? Oh, right, we still need a name for our new friend," for now she was distracted as she instead unclipped the ball from her belt. Larvitar, her first official capture since becoming a trainer. Of course, only a handful of days had passed since she actually became a trainer, but didn't that just make it all the more impressive? She hummed as she thought on the name. Rini's had been so easy, since she had a name already and could easily tell Jenni. Larvitar on the other hand had been a wild Pokémon, and wasn't telepathic either. "Well, I don't know many good names, but I did really like studying various mythos from around the world. Maybe Nike would be a good name for her, it's strong and Nike was the goddess of victory, after all," Jenni glanced to Rini, hoping for some sort of input.

Rini nodded happily, I think that's a wonderful name! The small Pokémon rocked back and forth happily, shoveling little bites of rice into her mouth. Jenni smiled and nodded as well, relieved that she got positive feedback.

"Okay then, Nike, come out and have some breakfast with us," she gently tossed the pokeball before her, the capsule bursting opened as the green Pokémon manifested within the glow. She was far more scuffed up than Rini from the battle still, so Jenni was sure she'd be hungry. She had heard Pokémon could hear you even while in their capsules, so she didn't bother repeating herself as she scooped some rice into her now-empty bowl and offered it to her newest partner. She seemed reluctant, but a warm smile and a little prodding, as well as an empty belly made quick work of Nike's fear. It would take time to truly earn her trust, but for now she was contentedly eating while keeping an eye on Jenni and Rini.
Alekion
Alekion
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:49 am

The howling winds were accompanied by distressed Hophip and opportunistic predators shouting their battle cries, but by the time dawn broke and Rini woke late sleeper Jenni, there was no hint of the madness that had gone on. Instead, she was met with cool tranquility and a luckily clean stream. Further along as the water deepened, Magikarp and Poliwag could be spotted swimming along, minding their own business.

What wasn't minding its own business, however, was whatever had just crashed into the trio's tent. It wore a cheshire grin, eyes glinting with mischief as it decided to swipe up a bunch of items from the trainer's stock in its handy tail. "Aipom, pom!" The male exclaimed with a snicker, and began to race around excitedly.
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alekion Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:23 am

Jenni had become too comfortable and complacent with their relaxed breakfast, irresponsibly leaving her resources vulnerable to attack. She should have known better, it was an early lesson in the notes she had received. Wild Pokémon were known to get jealous of tamed ones, and were even known to steal items from trainers! One moment she was enjoying watching her new partners eat, the next a crash and clamor as her things were raided! The purple monkey had snatched her things, taunting her in an almost playful manner.

Jenni reached for her Pokédex, only to realize it was still in her satchel, which the thief had clutched in his tail's paw. "H-hey, that's my stuff!" Jenni exclaimed, shooting to her feet. Her wallet, her potions, everything was in that satchel! Crap, what am I gonna do? Jenni grit her teeth, clenching her fists as her mind raced. If she tried to give chase, how far would it run? Jenni didn't have time to worry about that though, as the thief was already running around with her stuff.

"Hey, give that back you thief!" she called, pivoting to turn toward him before she took off running. Rini tried to keep up with her master, chasing her in a circle as Nike simply sat and watched the chaos, picking up a nice looking rock to chomp on. If the Aipom wanted to run further, Jenni would have to return her Pokemon swiftly to give proper chase, but she would if that's what it called for. She was only thankful to have her partners' pokeballs at her belts still.
Alekion
Alekion
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:04 pm

The Aipom was certainly a cheeky little bugger, making the pair run circles around themselves, although he had yet to actually run too far away. He basically stayed in home base for Jenni, the tent always nearby as he looped around trees and swung to-and-fro. He was constantly chittering and chuckling, but became aware of Nike's lack of involvement.

"Ae-pom-pom-pom?" The creature looked melodramatically stunned, hurling the stolen items all over the place (thankfully none in the fire) in favour of swinging stones towards the Larvitar instead. Whether it was an attempt at aggravation or him helping her gather food remained to be seen, although he did throw a stone at Rini as well. Rude.
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alekion Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:20 pm

At first Nike was content watching her captor make a fool of herself. A stone rolled next to her even, like a treat for the show! Nike went to crunch down on it when another rock pelted her in the back of the head, then another! She got up, clearly aggravated as she shot a mean look at the Aipom. Picking up one of the rocks, she attempted to throw it back at the monkey, but the rock tumbled to the ground only a couple feet away. Her stubby arms weren't made for that, and the embarrassment only seemed to fire her up more.

Rini managed to dodge the stone thrown her way, Jenni rushing to pick up her bag and the scattered items. The little jerk had scattered her inventory around the camp, a few pages of her notes flitting away in the wind. "Crap, are you kidding me?!" she groaned. Not even a week in and she'd already lost some of her notes! In reality she'd already studied them endlessly, but her low self esteem wouldn't let her see that she didn't need them anymore.

"Lar-larvitar!" Nike roared angrily, stomping her feet rhythmically as a purple misty aura swirled around her. Jenni's attention was drawn to the situation at hand, freezing for a moment at the sight. Was Nike planning to attack the Aipom? Not a good idea in her current status, as she was still fairly beat up from her capture. Jenni readied her pokeball, just in case.

Rini peered over at the wild Pokemon, trying to get a good read on him. It was easy enough to tell he was a prankster, but she wasn't sure what kind of intentions he had planned. Nike on the other hand grinned wickedly, picking up another rock in her still-stubby, but buffed up arms. With a step back and a wind up, she hurled the rock toward the Aipom, Jenni freezing as she tried to cope with the trouble. She never did work well under much stress.
Alekion
Alekion
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:59 pm

When Nike made a fool of herself, the Aipom didn't withhold its amusement, laughing and even snorting behind fuzzy purple paws. It danced from foot to foot, clearly pumped, and only stopped when the glowing and riled Larvitar actually managed to hit him with a stone. That was unexpected.

Eyes narrowing a little, pertubed by the bump to his head, he picked up the offending stone and smacked it back. It was the beginning of a child's revenge game, one with a little more malice than the previous, 'innocent' pranks. Jenni had come out for a good adventurous time but had apparently become a babysitter for Pokemon toddlers. One would not blame her for feeling attacked right now.
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alekion Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:29 pm

As the rocks flew back and forth, Jenni took a step back to avoid getting struck herself. She had to do something quickly, as things were already getting out of hand at an alarming pace. She felt a tug at her pant leg, glancing down to see Rini clutching the fabric, hiding behind her. In that moment it clicked, Jenni taking a deep breath to focus.

Rini, can you hear me? I need you to use your confusion on those rocks to distract them, Jenni tried to focus her thoughts to Rini, hoping the telepathic communication wasn't a one-way street. The sheer amount of focus made her a bit dizzy though, having to cut the conversation short as she staggered. Once she regained her footing, she brought her attention back to the fight at hand.

You got it! the child like voice rang clearly, a psychic aura surrounding the flying rocks, sending them back at their points of origin. Rini leaped into the fray, hoping to draw the ire of both Pokémon as she began to speed up, dashing around until there appeared to be multiple of her on the field. Nike, clearly aggravated at the rock she threw flying right back into her face, began hurling them instead at the Rini clones, the green Pokémon growling and cursing when they passed through harmlessly.
Alekion
Alekion
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:58 pm

"Pom pom?" Aipom exclaimed quizzically, watching as the stones began to glow an ethereal blue. He stared, wide eyed, until the stones suddenly rebounded from the air like bullets from a sniper, and the primate began leaping and dashing in panic. He didn't even notice the source of his struggle until there were too many to count, and the Pokemon hunched, eyes trying to keep track of it all. It was dizzying. Only, he noticed that the Larvitar seemed to be dispelling them with more of her stones. "Pom... Aipom!" Quick as a flash it went from a war to a group effort, casting out clones with whatever was at hand (or two).

Jenni had yet to stop the stone throwing, and now a third Pokemon was involved. This might be bad parenting.
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alekion Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:20 pm

It looked as though things were only more chaotic than ever, but now her weakened Pokémon was in less danger of pissing off a potential opponent. With the enemy well distracted, Jenni rifled through her now mess of a bag, pulling out her Pokédex and aiming the scanner at Aipom.

"Aipom, the Long Tail Pokémon. Aipom's tail ends in a hand-like appendage that can be cleverly manipulated. However, because the Pokémon uses its tail so much, its real hands have become rather clumsy." The talking index spouted off in a robotic voice.

"Well, that didn't help me much..." Jenni frowned. She didn't want to pick a battle, but she wasn't sure how to stop the chaos otherwise. She sighed, looking down to see her sweatshirt in the dirt. Desperate to try anything, she discretely picked up the garment as the three played target practice. Rini was doing her best to replace the visual clones as they wiped them, but she was tiring out quickly. Slowly and casually, Jenni attempted to sneak up behind the Aipom, hoping to use the shirt as a restraint until she could calm the situation down. She tried to slip the shirt over the Aipom, ready to tie the arms around it. Realistically she could have just returned her Pokémon, but that could easily put her at risk of becoming the target, and she wouldn't take a rock to the face as easily as a Pokémon.
Alekion
Alekion
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Hope Tue May 02, 2017 9:25 pm

The clashing of elements was keeping Aipom occupied enough for Jenni to sneak up on him, especially since Rini would obviously not risk the trainer being seen, and keep any of her clones from running into the human's line of sight. His eyesight was suddenly obscured by the sweater, and he squealed with surprise, beginning to struggle and bound about in resistance. Jenni had a literal bundle of joy and trouble in her arms, but if she wasn't careful, she would surely be pulled along for a wild ride!
Alice Hope
Alice Hope
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alekion Wed May 03, 2017 8:20 am

Success! Jenni had secured Aipom in her sweatshirt, but the battle was far from over! The wriggling Pokémon was more powerful than the girl had anticipated, taking some unintentional blows to the gut as the snagged Pokémon writhed and struggled to get free. When she felt something slip from the shirt, her eyes widened. Aipom's tail was free!

Shit... it was the only thing that was able to cross her mind as she could only imagine what kind of mischievous grin the Aipom would have adorned with its most powerful appendage freed. Clutching tightly to the shirt, Jenni braced herself for the ride of her life!

Jenni! Rini panicked, her clones dispersing. A moment later, a rock hit her in the horn, Nike laughing hysterically. Rini rubbed her horn, tears welled up in her eyes. She was a delicate soul compared to the rough-and-tough Larvitar, but quickly straightened up when she realized Jenni was being dragged around! Rini quickly gave chase on her tiny legs, Nike grumbling as she got up and followed from a casual distance.
Alekion
Alekion
Trainer
Trainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum