Writing Exercises

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Writing Exercises

Post by Alekion on Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:39 pm

Here's a place to come in your down time, and work on your creative writing skills!

Here we can challenge each other with fun scenarios and creative writing exercises to get the blood pumping. I'll try to keep the main post updated with the different exercises so people don't have to fish to find them. Just remember that only CONSTRUCTIVE criticisms are allowed. These are exercises meant to be fun, and let us all get to know each other's writing styles.

Feel free to choose one, or all of the exercises. I would ask that you do at least one of them if your intention is to offer up another scenario for prompts and exercises.

Exercises:

• You've just learned that you are related to one of Snow White's Seven Dwarfs: Sleepy, Sneezy, Dopey, Doc, Happy, Bashful or Grumpy. Which dwarf has fallen from your family tree and why do you think it's him?

• Consider the idea that there are infiniate parallel universes, each one anywhere from subtly to wildly different from our own. If I were to hypothetically tear through the barriers between universes for just a moment and dump you into one of those alternate realities, what sort of reality would you like to end up in? And how would you spend a day there before you were fished back out?

• Make up your own "Disney Princess" and her story title. Give a small excerpt of the story.

• You are a jack in the box, yet somehow you've escaped your namesake prison. Think outside the box and tell me how you came by your new found freedom.

Trainer
Trainer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top